How to get motivation

I have failed to lose weight many times. I always demotivate to drop out before getting the goal. I also would like to have a strong ego to weigh lost. Please help me some way to find out my strong and constant motivation. Thanks pals

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    IMO, you don't magically find motivation.

You can try different things such that the process isn't such a grind, doesn't feel as much like work, but you'll still have to put in the effort... there's no way around the effort.

At some point you have to want to make progress more than you want to sit on the couch and overeat.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,527 Member
    Motivation won't help ... but habit might.
  • R2che
    R2che Posts: 189 Member
    You're not always going to feel motivated. But that's ok, you don't need motivation. What you really need is determination.

Definitely this!
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    You ultimately have to want this for you. Learn better habits and you won't need motivation.

You say you've failed to lose weight many times, may I ask how you were trying? If you were being too restrictive, or cutting out certain foods it won't be easy to sustain.
  • dustinjbrock
    dustinjbrock Posts: 49 Member
    Day 1 take a picture with as little clothing as would be acceptable to show people.... just incase you ever wanna show off side by side to friends.

After a few weeks, take another picture. When I started out losing weight I was 228lbs, I dropped down to around 215 but didn't really feel like I looked much different. I knew my pants were too loose but looking in the mirror, I couldn't tell.

Then I took a 2nd picture of myself and compared.. .... it was absolutely drastic! That is when I seriously got motivated, hammered down to 198 in no time and each time I lost a bunch of weight, if compare the pic to my original.

Even a 5 to 10 lbs loss will show in a side by side pic.