Fit, fat, female, forty-four and feeling frustrated...forethought?

Options
13»

Replies

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    cwdelaney wrote: »
    I love all the comments, from both sides. I am truly not a negative person and I appreciate the supportive advice. I have decided to share my diary, but please only constructive criticism and advice. I am still learning how to log properly, but I do actually weigh everything to the gram and eat almost entirely homemade, organic, locally-sourced food. Yes, I had a small slice of chocolate cheesecake for Thanksgiving dinner, it was also homemade. ☺ Thanks for your help and support!

you say you are weighing everything but your diary suggests otherwise - lots of measurements in cups, slices, pieces, etc.
  • jaedwa1
    jaedwa1 Posts: 114 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I agree with the other's that reviewed your diary. Measuring/logging solids in cups/TBSPs and by pre-packaged info (for example the bread slices) could be sabotaging your efforts. You list one egg but you did not list a weight so I'm assuming you did not weigh it. Egg weight fluctuates quite a bit and you may be underestimating the calories per egg. (You could also be over-estimating and robbing yourself of precious calories!) I also noticed the cheesecake was logged as 1 slice...how was that slice measured? How do you know the volume of the slice you ate actually matches the volume of the slice in the database? And finally, you reference scoops of the Arbonne...are these heaping scoops? Level scoops? Again, this could be another area hurting your progress.

The good news is since there is room for improvement, you might see better results if you make these changes in your logging.

When I started with MFP, I was logging pretty much like you are. I started at 229 lbs and lost a whopping 3 lbs in 6 weeks. As someone with a lot of weight to lose, I was SO FRUSTRATED! I finally took the advice about weighing all solids in grams (I also weigh liquids and log as ounces) and lost 9 lbs over the next 6 weeks. During the next 8 weeks, I had an unexpected and stressful job change and moved to a new city, I still weighed everything but was stress eating at maintenance. Finally got settled in April and have lost another 18 lbs since then.

The above is not meant to brag but to be encouraging. This is a learning experience that hopefully we'll use the rest of our lives to not only achieve our healthy goal weights, but to maintain them for the rest of our lives!
  • cwdelaney
    cwdelaney Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I took a look back at your diary entries the past few days and noticed that not everything was weighed (i.e. 1 vegetarian sausage link) and that you are also using measurements like 1 cup, .13 cup, etc. Please get a digital food scale if you don't already have one. Weigh ALL solids, measure all liquids. Don't scan the barcode for prepackaged foods because they can be ~20% off. Do all of this and continue with your exercise and you will get results.

PS: Where in Canada do you live? I'm moving there soon.

I live in Victoria BC. It is a beautiful place to live, where are you planning to move?
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Hey @cwdelaney I'm in victoria too. Near U Vic.

If you are having trouble finding the apropriate entry find foods with USDA in the title. Most are in grams and can be altered using the drop downs.
    Ie: chicken breast, skinless, raw, USDA.
    If you can't find it go check the info on the USDA web site.

For things you scan, double check the weight and the nutrition info. A lot of entries are from the USA, Canadian, UK, Australian, New Zealand, etc entries can differ in content.

Cheers, h.