The WORST Motivation...

Options
2»

Replies

• skiers266
    skiers266 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I know where u are I feel same way !! Set clock to get dress set clock for workout but still sitting here. I know I am the only one that can do this so let get dress get your water and let’s get moving today If I can do it you can too !!! Hope I hear back that you got workout done it the first step that the hardest!!!
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Find some space for yourself at home and work out there! You won't have to "make yourself" drive to the gym and you'll save a lot of time by doing that. There are tons of free workouts on youtube and you're sure to find something that will fit your goals.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    So you are your worst enemy- What would you do if it was an enemy? Alll it often is is fear of failure and well that means by not starting you are not failing (when in fact you are)

Or alternatively what would you tell another person.
    Last year I was giving some career advice to a co-worker and halfway I stopped and looked at her and said " I think I should start listening to my own advice" I did and did that course that I wanted to to do for 2 years but was scared sh*tless to fail. Guess what? I did not fail, I passed, but I had to start first.
  • skiers266
    Options
    Easy to give advice .. but sound u on right track you can do this !!!
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Don't go to the gym then? Do something else. Walk, run, dance...workout at home ? It's up to you how you workout.
  • skiers266
    Options
    True don’t need to go to gym or equipment can march in place !!!
  • laillama
    laillama Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    skiers266 wrote: »
    I know where u are I feel same way !! Set clock to get dress set clock for workout but still sitting here. I know I am the only one that can do this so let get dress get your water and let’s get moving today If I can do it you can too !!! Hope I hear back that you got workout done it the first step that the hardest!!!

Definitely! I got up at 8 am yesterday and headed straight to the gym :) doing the same tonight after classes for sure.
  • laillama
    laillama Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Like.. Yes I don't need equipment. Many days I make do at home. But I am a powerlifter. My goals are to LIFT heavy and be stronger not just general fitness. While I can do things easily at home, I cannot reach my own personal goals and follow my training plan if I am not at a gym or have access to equipment.
  • Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I’m the same way. I have to go first thing in the morning, or I won’t do it.
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I’m the same way. I have to go first thing in the morning, or I won’t do it.

Yeah I have to get literally everything done in the morning. The longer the day goes on, the less I can be bothered.

If your goals are so important to you OP then looks like you're just gonna have to get up and go. Don't think about it or wait for some wave of motivation. Just do it. Things become habit the more we do them... motivation isn't reliable so don't bank on it being there for you every day ❤
  • skiers266
    Options
    Much better easier get workout done over with before the day begins !!!