maintaining weight

I'm trying to maintain my weight and still keep my level of fitness , harder then I thought as I'm still losing the pounds , any tips ???

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    eat more
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Eat more...
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Agree with the above. If you are losing weight you are in a deficit. Eat more so that you are at maintenance.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Yup...put more food in your mouth.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Yes, the easy thing for people to say is eat more - and they are correct - but after being on a cut for a period time, it's hard to eat more. I'm in the situation and trying to add calories/food slowly. My stomach hasn't been a fan...LOL

I'd recommend changing your diet slightly. Add foods in that are higher calorie. So say you avoided Peanut Butter, add that back in (still weighing/measuring and logging). Say you used to eat fruit as a snack, exchange that for something higher calorie like sunflower seeds or nuts (still, again, weighed out and logged).

Try and add 100 calories a day for 7 days, after 7 days add 100 more until you aren't losing weight any more. This whole thing is a slow, mentally taxing process.

I, personally, have a long way to go on this, but what is helping is pre-logging, like what I did to lose. This time it seems, though, instead of being concerned that I'm going OVER, I'm thinking about not being too far UNDER.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,116 Member
    Your two options are to eat more or exercise less. I recommend eating more. I know a lot of people who quit logging when they get to maintenance. For me, at least for now, I will keep logging so I know how many calories I am eating. I had trouble finding my maintenance calories. It takes some trial and error, but if you are still losing then you are still eating at a deficit. If you don't think that you can add more food volume you can always add higher calorie foods. Add some nuts or seeds or avocado to a salad. Stop using skim or low fat dairy products and use full fat. Or you can always have a bowl of ice cream or a slice of pie.
  • lilyann087
    lilyann087 Posts: 10 Member
    thank you for the advice , I will up the calories and see how I get on