My first set of side by side "progress" pictures

So I'm 5'3" and had gained 15 lbs of unwanted weight, I went up two pants sizes, and lost muscle tone from not exercising. I want to be healthier. I know I'm not "overweight," but carrying 15 extra lbs on a short and petite frame feels uncomfortable for me. Also, I just want my body to be stronger. I want to be lean, but I don't mind a little healthy muscle mass either. It's not all about the number on the scale (I actually don't even own a scale, I weigh myself at my friend's house).
The pictures on the left are from 3.5 weeks ago. I eat 1,200-1,400 calories per day. I will admit the weekends are what's hindering my progress and I eat and drink alcohol and sometimes don't even log it. I know this is my fault and something I want to change.
The difference in the pictures is barely noticeable, but if I look hard I think I can see a little progress- and this actually makes me feel more motivated.
It's a little vulnerable to do so, but I wanted to share my first "progress" pics. Excuse the hair, I just took it out of a ponytail in both pictures.
pkszf7995uco.jpg
ziylucuwnbah.jpg

Replies

• soon2beeskinny
    soon2beeskinny Posts: 28 Member
    Yes, I see the progress. Just remember that one pound turns into ten!! It takes time to lose weight. One pound at a time
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Yes, you can see the progress! You are looking good!
  • fullylugged
    fullylugged Posts: 67 Member
    So, you look GREAT in both pictures. We are usually our own worst critics though. Exercise will tighten everything up, but gravity makes things sag as we age. Sad to say, but true. If you stay on plan you will lose weight.
  • ManBehindTheMask
    ManBehindTheMask Posts: 615 Member
    I can see the progress, you look far less bloated in the second set

You look great! Keep up the good work :)
  • joellej89
    joellej89 Posts: 15 Member
    Huge difference! I also have bad habits on the weekends.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Including your weekends (are you counting on weekends) how many calories are you averaging? It's okay to look at your weekly averages instead of daily, which can allow for some extra freedom on weekends.
  • cefleischman
    cefleischman Posts: 46 Member
    Including your weekends (are you counting on weekends) how many calories are you averaging? It's okay to look at your weekly averages instead of daily, which can allow for some extra freedom on weekends.

That's a good question, I've been averaging about 2,000-2,200 calories on Saturdays and Sundays (and during the week I'm consuming about 1,200-1,400).

Going to things like restaurants, birthday parties, or consuming alcohol watching football games (or something similar) seem to derail me. I just need to have some extra willpower and either say no to high calorie foods/desserts/drinks or consume smaller portions- or up my activity level and get in a good workout that day.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member

That's a good question, I've been averaging about 2,000-2,200 calories on Saturdays and Sundays (and during the week I'm consuming about 1,200-1,400).

Going to things like restaurants, birthday parties, or consuming alcohol watching football games (or something similar) seem to derail me. I just need to have some extra willpower and either say no to high calorie foods/desserts/drinks or consume smaller portions- or up my activity level and get in a good workout that day.

So, if we use 1400, and 2200, that's 1627 on average. Is 1627 low enough for you to lose weight? If so, there's no need to punish yourself about or even change your weekends.
  • cefleischman
    cefleischman Posts: 46 Member

So, if we use 1400, and 2200, that's 1627 on average. Is 1627 low enough for you to lose weight? If so, there's no need to punish yourself about or even change your weekends.

Thank you for the insight! I think I'm still losing weight... just at an ultra slow pace. So I'll be more mindful of overall calorie consumption because I'd like to see slightly quicker progress.