Starbucks

Options
2»

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Today I learned that grande and venti have the same number of espresso shots but venti has more milk

Ergo venti has more calories for same amount of caffeine.

Ergo ergo.... get grandes!
  • voldemortisreal
    voldemortisreal Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Grande:
    Skinny Peppermint Mocha --hot / iced
    Double-Dirty Non-Fat Chai Latte --hot / iced
    (Unsweet) Coconut Milk Mocha Macchiato --iced
  • pls210
    pls210 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Earl Grey tea latte w/one pump of vanilla for me. But, I'm trying to give it up. Every time I step into a Starbucks, the petite vanilla bean scones call to me. :smiley:
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Lightly sweet chai latte with almond milk is 140 cals for grande.
  • Nursemeg78
    Nursemeg78 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Love these suggestions!! Thank you!
  • Nursemeg78
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    Today I learned that grande and venti have the same number of espresso shots but venti has more milk

Ergo venti has more calories for same amount of caffeine.

Ergo ergo.... get grandes!

Whattt!
  • Nursemeg78
    Options
    I just discovered cold brew.... soooo good, with one pump of their toffee nut syrup and a packet of stevia, I'm in heaven, and for only 20 calories! You could do sugar free syrup to get that down to 0 calories.

That sounds awesome!
  • Nursemeg78
    Options
    Shellz31 wrote: »
    Vanilla misto! It's very similar to a latte but instead of almost all milk with a couple ounces of espresso, it's made with half milk, half regular drip coffee. So you cut the milk by just under half, which saves lots of calories. With sugar-free vanilla, skim milk, or almond milk, you can save even more.

For myself, I go with black coffee. But when I was a barista in college, the misto was a popular off- menu drink for those looking to cut calories.

What about black coffee with a pump of sugar free flavor, and then use stevia? What is the best black coffee.
    Misto sounds awesome
  • amandacalories
    amandacalories Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Very berry hibiscus refresher. I don't go to Starbucks but have a few coworkers who work there and ocassionally they will surprise me with one (yay). According to Starbucks a venti is 100 calories but all the drinks vary depending on who is making it.

Like all fast food I consider it a treat and assume the calories are off by at least 50 - 100 calories.
  • Shellz31
    Shellz31 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »

This is true for hot drinks. Iced drinks actually do gave an extra shot. So a venti latte (hot) has 2 shots while a venti iced latte has 3.

Similarly, Grande and venti hot tea both have 2 tea bags, so people pay more for extra hot water :/ . You can get around it by ordering a Grande tea and ask it to be put in a venti cup :D
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I like other coffee places better, but black coffee or a black cold brew or occasionally an Americano (black) are what I get.

A latte with skim milk, no sugar, would probably not be too high calorie, depending on the size.

I hate sweetened coffee, in my mind coffee is not supposed to be sweet, so I just don't get it.