Hard gainer

Options
2»

Replies

• jmackkk
    jmackkk Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    I'm disappointed nobody has said peanut butter is always the answer yet :disappointed:

Peanut butter is always the answer.......no really it helps.

• LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Peanut butter, Almond Butter, Cashew Butter......usually one serving will have something like 7g Protein, 7g Carbs, 17g Fats and 190/200 Calories. I am not sure if we are allowed to mention specific brands, but I spend a lot of money at TJ's. I am sure that everyone knows that Traders by any name are still Joes.....But, to each their own. I like almond butter and cashew butter over peanut butter (I dont eat peanut butter often, but when I do it;'s Skippy Creamy). But that is just my preference. To each their own.

I also like Sun Flower seeds. Yes, sun flower seeds. 1/4 cup is 200 Calories, 8g P/6g C/17g F. I get the "Dakota Style" but I am sure that there are many others.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    These threads always amaze me. I'm 6' 157 with 18% BF and I have a very slow loss at around 2400-2500 calories, even with a decent amount of cardio. Does the extra weight and higher proportion of muscle make that much difference?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    These threads always amaze me. I'm 6' 157 with 18% BF and I have a very slow loss at around 2400-2500 calories, even with a decent amount of cardio. Does the extra weight and higher proportion of muscle make that much difference?

No. A pound of muscle burns around 6 calories per day, a pound of fat burns around 2. So you're looking at an extra 4 calories per day burned for every additional pound of muscle. So it could make enough of a difference to be somewhat significant if he had maybe 50-60 pounds more muscle than you - but if that was the case, he wouldn't be posting about not being able to bulk because he'd be pretty jacked already.

But we don't know how active OP is and/or whether he's logging his food accurately. Those things could make that much difference.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

No. A pound of muscle burns around 6 calories per day, a pound of fat burns around 2. So you're looking at an extra 4 calories per day burned for every additional pound of muscle. So it could make enough of a difference to be somewhat significant if he had maybe 50-60 pounds more muscle than you - but if that was the case, he wouldn't be posting about not being able to bulk because he'd be pretty jacked already.

But we don't know how active OP is and/or whether he's logging his food accurately. Those things could make that much difference.

We do know this, and his isn't logging.
  • nickhinds88
    nickhinds88 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Guac, salmon, Tim tams, granola, full fat Greek yogurt, nutella , rice, lean ground beef,oats.
  • draftsman28
    draftsman28 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    open your diary

how many calories are you currently eating and how many more do you need?

I havent kept up logging in my calories....mfp says i shpuld be intaking over 3k calories but i surpassed that and am easily over 4k

if you're not logging then you probably aren't eating the amount you think.

^^^Exactly! MFP food log for a month and see how many calories you're consuming
  • Rottweiler17
    Rottweiler17 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    open your diary

I havent kept up logging in my calories....mfp says i shpuld be intaking over 3k calories but i surpassed that and am easily over 4k
    open your diary

open your diary

open your diary

• Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    If you're not adding avocado or guacamole in your food you should start. Avocados, and as another user mentioned peanut butter will help you gain weight. Good luck!!