What does your maintenance weight look like?

Options
I am in maintenance and weigh myself almost every day out of habit on a scale that Bluetooths the data to MFP. I was looking at the chart of my weight and was amazed at the volatility of my weight (albeit within a reasonable range). Out of curiousity - for those of you in maintenance who weigh yourselves frequently, does your chart look similar?

(never mind the last spike, I went to a Hibachi restaurant, ate a mountain of food saturated in sodium, and my body retained every ounce of water the next day, lol)

1mezhj43fi08.jpg

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Very similar:

ytp9cjtpkn28.jpg
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    ybjvluf53hdh.png

This is a 3 week snap shot of my craziness. It's odd though because my weight while losing wasn't this up and down...it would stay the exact same for days, then drop...

I haven't had any blow out, high sodium days in this period, but I'm sure if I did, It would jump around more.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    yep- normal.
    nuzsr750wwjx.png
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I think it's normal. We've both got about a 6 lb window it looks like (178-172 and 120-114).

Here is my chart showing the same time frame as your graph above:
    ac5iy2nhw5pp.png

And here is the really long term:
    6quvnbacb1wc.png
  • BNY721
    BNY721 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I step on the scale daily (or try to) and while I do not log it...I hover between the same range of about 4-5 lbs.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I fluctuate by up to +/-2 lbs in any given day depending on carbs, sodium intake and hormones. I have a maintenance range of +/-5lbs
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I don't have a chart but my weight jumps around in a similar fashion.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Oh I can't post the pic on this Android tablet :D but maintenance looks like the Rocky mountain range! Fluctuations are much more pronounced and noticeable since they're not offset by any true loss like when I was losing. My Max range has been 10 lbs, and the ups are always after a trip. The rest of the time I've maintained within a 4-5 lb range for a year. The app shows only a few lbs on the graph so the variation looks a lot worse than it really is.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    ritzvin wrote: »
    yep- normal.
    nuzsr750wwjx.png

Which app is this from?
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I've actually had a weird thing going on this week; today for the 4th day in a row the scale said 116.4 lbs exactly. I don't think that's ever happened in 6 years of weighing (mostly) every day, to have the same weight come up on the scale that many days in a row.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Interesting, am I the only male in maintenance who regularly weighs himself? :D
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    ritzvin wrote: »
    yep- normal.
    nuzsr750wwjx.png

Which app is this from?

Manually entered into Excel.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I'm male and weigh daily - you aren't alone OP!

I don't chart or record when I'm maintaining, just keep a casual eye on any developing trends.
    In my normal routine a daily 3lb and weekly 5lb fluctuation would be high end of my fluctuations but mostly I'm up/down 2lbs a day and 3lbs in a week.

On vacation I can gain at a rate of 1lb / day though.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    158 down from 196.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    eu9q8wztxlvk.jpeg
    Maintenance range 113-117
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,681 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself once a week or so and I've been within 3 pounds since March.
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    mine fluctuates by +/- 5 lbs. Totally normal
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    I am in maintenance and weigh myself almost every day out of habit on a scale that Bluetooths the data to MFP. I was looking at the chart of my weight and was amazed at the volatility of my weight (albeit within a reasonable range). Out of curiousity - for those of you in maintenance who weigh yourselves frequently, does your chart look similar?

(never mind the last spike, I went to a Hibachi restaurant, ate a mountain of food saturated in sodium, and my body retained every ounce of water the next day, lol)

1mezhj43fi08.jpg

If that's my graph over 6 months, I see a slow downward trend that requires some minor adjustment, not pure maintenance.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I don't check daily or use an app to chart it, I just keep all my weight tickets from the pharmacy weighing machines I use. I have varied between 125 and 128 over the last 4-5 months or so, and it hit 130 once after a brief trip to my mother's and lots of meals out.