Cauliflower lasagna

Options
Achrya
Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
This, my good people, is the ultimate in cauliflower dishes.

First you will need a crap ton of cauliflower. You'll also need 3 pots and one skillet.

In your skillet you will place a large amount of roughly chopped cauliflower, with a little oil and garlic, and then let that do it's thing. This is your meat.

In a pot you will boil cauliflower until it's a soupy mess. Puree even further, just in case. Add a little milk, unless you believe milking cows is tantamount to abuse in which case just roll with your cauliflower soup. Season to taste. This is your sauce.

In another pot you will boil your cauliflower just a bit, leaving it firm. Cut into fourths then using the side of your cheese grater that makes slices...slice. This is your pasta.

Last pot, boil yet more of that cauliflower until done. Use cheese grater again (Or food processor) and go crazy until it's the texture of rice. This is your cheese.

Put a little sauce in bottom of pan then begin to layer: fake noodles, fake meat, fake sauce, fake cheese. Keep going til you hit the top/are all out. Throw some sliced up grape tomatoes on top for much needed color. Unless they're gmo then screw that. Place in oven and bake.

Take out, allow to set, then slice and eat.

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Omg.. THIS is EXACTLY what I need to "jumpstart" my metabolism. *throws out her Slim Fast shakes* :laugh:
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    BAAHAAAA . . . . . these "lasagna" topics are giving me life today LOL :laugh: !
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Sounds "life changing"
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    No nutritional info? :grumble:
  • Achrya
    Options
    No nutritional info? :grumble:

My bad.

Assuming five large heads of cauliflower and none of the extras, and 12 servings, it's 88 calories. 6g of protein, less than 1g of fat, and 15g of carbs.
  • Vivian06703188
    Vivian06703188 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    that's a lot of work for some cauliflower :)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...for life-changing.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Momma always told me, God doesn't like ugly ;) but whatever as long as you're having fun I always say.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    and if it isn't lasagna is cauliflower.... so why not kill two birds with one stone.:laugh:
  • Azhei
    Azhei Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like it... but if you slice zuchini or eggplant lengthwise for your "noodles" it will keep it sturdier.
  • Achrya
    Options

And now I'm horrified. Thanks for the nightmares.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    that's a lot of work for some cauliflower :)

No ..... it's not cauliflower ...... it's lasagna ...... it's supposed to be a lot of work :laugh:
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    "Yar! That's going to replace the whale in my nightmares."
  • Achrya
    Options
    Momma always told me, God doesn't like ugly ;) but whatever as long as you're having fun I always say.

My mom always told me cauliflower is broccoli's less pretty, less intelligent, less worthwhile sister and that's why it wasn't allowed in our house. Your mother is probably nicer, but less fun, than my mom.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I fear change, so I fear cauliflower.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I actually love cauliflower.
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    or just boil water and bake air and you have yourself a warm house and a meal for 0 calories!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    1198029537416.jpg
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    2128ic.jpg