Not sure if I see any difference

Options

zdxvn8p63ul6.png

So first pic was April second this morning 9lb between them but I don't think I can see difference and no-one around me has noticed either.
I'm still wearing same size and ideally want to lose another 10lb I am in healthy BMI range after initial loss.Im getting discouraged a bit.

Replies

• dustinjbrock
    dustinjbrock Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Absolute difference! Definitely more toned. When I lost weight, I didn't even notice but the pants don't lie! After a couple months intook a pic in the mirror and that's when I saw it was drastic.

9lbs is good but not a drastic change where people would notice day to day, if you were to drop another 5 or 10... that's where people would notice. It also depends where you hold your weight too as most won't see you without clothes.

I get fat in my face first so when i lose weight, people notice whereas my wife is miss skinny face and holds her weight downstairs alot more so depending what she's wearing, people might not notice if she's lost a bit.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I can totally see a difference. Look at your natural waist! It's definitely smaller, less fat in the front of the stomach, and even your legs are thinner.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in maintainance, but over the last 3 months I've lost 14lbs. My BF doesn't see a difference, no one I work with does either. I've dropped pants sizes and my clothes are big. I, don't though, see it in the mirror. I know I'm smaller - the scale doesn't really lie - but I can't see it.

But I've been up and down a range of 20lbs since I started this job and relationship (happened around the same time), so they've gotten used to me. And sometimes people feel weird saying something.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I see a big difference.

You are likely at the point where most of the changes you see for awhile are going to be under your clothes so they won't be very visible to others.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Unless you are fairly short 9 lbs isn't going to make a huge difference in clothing size, especially if the weight is coming off evenly. I don't mean that in a bad way, just pointing it out. It's hard to see a difference in the pictures due to different lighting, outfits, distance from the camera, perhaps posture.

I'd suggest taking measurements from several places on your body.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    The change is most visable in the upper abdomen, your ribs are starting to show and the "6 pack" is starting to have definition. You have definitely made some great progress!
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Definitely there's a difference, especially in the hips/waist. Keep all your progress pics, track measurements, focus on strength, and be patient; you're doing great!
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Yes. Your waist is trimmer.
  • Texas_boi
    Texas_boi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Measure, that is where the truth is...if you working out the scale isn't going to be completely honest
  • passenger79
    passenger79 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replies everyone ,I'll keep going.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    You can definitely see a side by side difference but 10 pounds isn't quite enough to be noticeable to somebody who isn't looking for it. It took about 20 pounds or so for people to notice my weight loss and for me to move down a size in clothes. On the plus side, this is also the reason that you're pretty much good to go once you're within 10 pounds of target. Those last pounds to lose barely make any difference!

Great job!
  • rosyone1
    rosyone1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have a difficult time detecting any differences in my own body when I look for them in the mirror or in photos. Where I do see progress is when I catch a glimpse my reflection in a storefront window or the glass door of a freezer at the grocery store or see myself unaware in a store's security monitor. For a fraction of a second, it doesn't register as me and I'm seeing someone else who is smaller than me. It's always easier to see other people as they are.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I can totally see a difference. Look at your natural waist! It's definitely smaller, less fat in the front of the stomach, and even your legs are thinner.

Yep!
  • JoLightensUp
    JoLightensUp Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good job. I can see a big difference. Your waist is beautiful! Anything that fitted you tightly around the waist in the past would have to be looser surely, even if you aren't down a size. Don't be discouraged - you're definitely toning up.

Maybe those around you don't notice because they see you often and the changes are gradual? If you run into someone you haven't see for a while, they might notice. People don't always comment though, even if they notice. It can also depend on what you're wearing. So, yeah, basically don't rely on people's comments. What you're doing is absolutely working.
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Big difference on waist and hips, maybe your clothes are hiding it a bit, bit it's clearly there!