Rowing Machine

Options
wxlaw
wxlaw Posts: 25 Member
edited October 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello guys!
I just started using rowing machine because my knees start to hurt if I run too much. I noticed that when I try to log in my exercise, there are options of light effort and moderate effort. How should I know which one I should log in in order to give me a more accurate calculation of calories burned? It usually takes me around 12 minutes to complete 2000m.

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    If it's a Concept2 then use the calories displayed on the machine's readout and enter them into their calculator which adjusts for your bodyweight...
    http://www.concept2.co.uk/indoor-rowers/training/calculators/calorie-calculator

If not a Concept2 then your pace isn't at all quick so would select light effort.
    There's some really good info on the Concept2 website on form, rowing is a great exercise but it is pretty technical.
  • wxlaw
    Options
    Thanks for the info!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,990 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Moderate for me is a rate of 600 cals an hr. Might be different for you.
  • wxlaw
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Moderate for me is a rate of 600 cals an hr. Might be different for you.

For me, average calories shown is around 600 cals/hr as well but my split time is 2:40/500m. I couldn't figure out if it is a moderate effort or light effort but I found out that the machine is from Concept2. So I'm just using the link provided above to estimate calories burnt.