I keep Binging

Options
2»

Replies

• jasummers76
    jasummers76 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    This week the family has baked 4 times chocolate cake and brownies. I just kept taking slivers of them but the following day I would feel guilty and restrict my calories then boom night hits and I am back in there taking slivers. This morning I ended up eating two brownies with my coffee and since have been making myself walk up and down the stairs and doing more choirs around the house. I finally talked with my wife and explained my frustrations and told her to package up the remaining 6 and hide them. I do fine with them ordering out 3 or 4 times a week but I often wake in the middle of the night and have no control with sweets. It is just so hard to live in a home where you can not keep your trigger foods out of without depriveing the others in the house who do not struggle with weight especially the kids. I like you are learning I am down around 95 lbs or so from my high and know a couple brownies will not undo it but the guilt is still there. I am still learning and even though I am currently hungry and not eating I know it is the wrong approach. I am eating a nice healthy meal for dinner and tomorrow is a new day.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Don't overlook the importance of sleep. 90% of the times I binge it's because I'm tired. The other 10% are directly related to boredom or stress. At least you can control sleep.
  • SimmerUpSlimmerDown
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your replies! I am taking all of your kind words into account and am trying my best to incorporate more meals and more snacks into my day. So far, I have had success in evading Huge binges by trying to stay in tune with my feelings and the reason I am eating.
    The feeling is overwhelming at times. But, at least this is a new approach. Thank you all! <3