First time posting, have I been losing weight too fast?

Options
tevihn
tevihn Posts: 12 Member
edited October 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
So, basically title.

A random stranger brought it to my attention that I've been losing weight too fast and that it might have thrown off my metabolism, and that if I ever stop dieting it's going to come back with vengeance.

This has started to kind of worry me, I don't think he's right, but maybe he is.

I started 53 days ago, I'm 6'1 and started at 262, weighed in yesterday (haven't input it to MFP quite yet) and it showed me at 229.8.

I've never felt better in my life, I'm working out (rotating days between cardio and strength, and I eat back 50%~ of my estimated calories burned).

And I'm almost always eating AT LEAST the minimum of 1200, there have been a few days where it's been at 1000-1200, but those have been weird days and they're extremely rare.

And of course the odd day where I go over my calories a bit (By a hundred or so) but those are just as rare (in fact, i think I've only gone over my calories limit twice, since starting this diet 53 days ago)

Im gaining muscle mass and I feel fantastic. Always have energy (unless I don't get much sleep the night before, ha!)

Suppose I'll post progress pictures in case I look unhealthy to anyone.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully respond!

Edit: Appreciate the answers so far, losing weight this quickly wasn't what I had planned. It just sort of happened. I'm very worried now that I'm going to have some long term consequences from losing too fast.

ioax7nmywcx8.jpg
23o3gpksn6p4.jpg
86t5n4hzwcqe.jpg
qb87z0kd81hy.jpg
bqp2q5bd85ww.png

Replies

• tevihn
    Options
    So what do I do to hit my calorie goal easier? I'm typically full after a meal. Also, not to mention, I don't weigh all of my food (l weigh my portions out the first time I make them, then go with that the rest of the time).

• tevihn
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    1200 is the MINIMUM recommended for a petite female. You are neither.

Use MFP to set your calorie goal. The figure is churns out for you may scare you in how large it is, but MFP is designed to help you to lose weight in a slow and safe manner. And eat some if not all of any exercise calories back.

I do use mfp for everything. And for the most part I hit 1200 minimum. I can send you my calories for the past 2 months, if that helps figure out where I'm going wrong, specifically.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    tevihn wrote: »
    So what do I do to hit my calorie goal easier? I'm typically full after a meal. Also, not to mention, I don't weigh all of my food (l weigh my portions out the first time I make them, then go with that the rest of the time).

weight everything - how do you know that piece of chicken that was 4oz the first time, is the same size as that second piece of chicken?
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    how does a 'random stranger' know how much you weighed 53 days ago, and now?

and, eat more you're under eating.

yeah I wondered about this too???
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »

Use MFP to set your calorie goal. The figure is churns out for you may scare you in how large it is, but MFP is designed to help you to lose weight in a slow and safe manner. And eat some if not all of any exercise calories back.

I do use mfp for everything. And for the most part I hit 1200 minimum. I can send you my calories for the past 2 months, if that helps figure out where I'm going wrong, specifically.

You are going wrong because of the bolded part above.
  • tevihn
    Options
    how does a 'random stranger' know how much you weighed 53 days ago, and now?

and, eat more you're under eating.

yeah I wondered about this too???

I play a lot of online video games, and I got into a conversation with a person about weight loss and we just got deeper into it.

So after doing research on this, it seems so back and forth. Some people say dont eat under 1200, some say dont eat under 1500, my TDEE is 2457 and 1000 less a day is 1457 so im not that much under at all.

Im really confused on what Im actually supposed to do since people seem so back and forth on this.

And for the person that asked "how do you know that piece of chicken weighed 4oz", that's another thing, Im betting a good deal of money that Im eating more than what I'm putting into MFP. Just figured it's better that im slightly lower than what I should eat that way it accounts for what I didnt weigh.

I feel almost like I'm getting attacked here lol.

Im genuinely concerned about my future health and someone wants to know more about this random stranger I discussed weight loss with.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Use mfp set to 2lbs a week to set your goal calories. Eat back your exercise calories.
    You are eating way way to little.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,727 Member
    Options
    amtyrell wrote: »
    Use mfp set to 2lbs a week to set your goal calories. Eat back your exercise calories.
    You are eating way way to little.

In 30 pounds or so, you're also going to need to tighten up your logging, so depending on where your goal is, It's probably good practice to start tightening that up now.
  • Lesscookies
    Lesscookies Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Eat the calories that MyFitnessPal tells you to eat, and if you work out start out with eating back 50% of those calories. I agree with the others you're undereating I'm 5'3 and losing weight eating far more then 1000-1200 calories.
  • tevihn
    Options
    To everyone suggesting I use mfp estimate for daily calories. That's what I'm going by. If there's a way to show you all my diary, please let me know.

• tevihn
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Mfp suggest anywhere between 1200 and 1770 for me, and that's what I've been hitting typically closer to the 1200 mark. Rarely ever lower
  • Lesscookies
    Lesscookies Posts: 48 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Mfp suggest anywhere between 1200 and 1770 for me, and that's what I've been waiting typically closer to the 1200 mark. Rarely ever lower
    1200 calories for someone who is 6'2 and you're a guy.
    Try inputting the information again something seems off.
    I would recommend saying you want to lose 1 pound a week as well. Let us know what figure you receive.