Replies

• jcstevens86
    jcstevens86 Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Dont firget to tie your shoes
  • Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    About anxiety? I have awful high functioning anxiety, and I go through obsessive perfectionist/ crash cycles. I HAVE to work out for the endorphins, and the good tired feeling. Plus, it settles some of my anxiety to feel healthy and in shape. Just one less thing to haunt me 24/7 :P.
  • jcstevens86
    jcstevens86 Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    On a serious note anxiety sucks i deal with that s.h.i.t daily
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I take Natural Calm, works the second you take it,saved my life.
  • swopen
    swopen Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I tend to get anxious and then obsess over my anxiety. I have found that when I am really feelint it, taking a 10 minute walk to clear my head really helps. It doesn't eliminate the anxiety, but it helps it become more manageable.
  • avablissed
    avablissed Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have pretty bad anxiety. At times it had been totally overwhelming.

What has helped me is learning about what causes the symptoms of anxiety and knowing it is a physiological response and not my fault or something I can always control. Do some searching about fight or flight response, it may help. Or nuerotransmitters as they relate to anxiety.

Knowing that what is happening is a hormonal response (albeit imbalance) helps me feel calmer when it occurs. I can tell myself I am not actually in danger and my world is perfectly fine. I know this is hard to accept in the middle of it but it is part of cognitive therapy that slowly alters the thought process.