PROTEIN AND FAT!?

Options
I'm new to this whole macros thing and need help with foods with the most fat and proteins without taking in so many carbs! Any tips!? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• zippy4emma
    zippy4emma Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Tinned tuna is a good one
  • zippy4emma
    zippy4emma Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Tinned sardines have omega 3 in too which is really good
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 356 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I'm new to this whole macros thing and need help with foods with the most fat and proteins without taking in so many carbs! Any tips!? Thanks in advance!

Chicken Thighs, Salmon, Olives, Almonds, Cheese, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Heavy Whipping Cream, Tuna with mayo, eggs, bacon.....
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Whole eggs for protein and fat, egg whites for just protein
    Meat/poultry/seafood
  • natruallycurious
    natruallycurious Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Eggs - the whole egg. Almonds (and some other nuts). Cheese is actually a good source of fat, as well as some other dairy products like whole fat yogurt.
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    khenik6064 wrote: »
    Eggs - the whole egg. Almonds (and some other nuts). Cheese is actually a good source of fat, as well as some other dairy products like whole fat yogurt.

Forgot about whole fat yogurt. dur. Also full fat cottage cheese is A-Mazing! I will never go back to fat free.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Meat and dairy mainly...
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    It's going to be difficult if you look for foods that are just one macro; most foods have a mix - balance them. Hitting MFP's default macro split isn't difficult, because it is a good balance. Have you adjusted your macros? To what? Why?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Fish, poultry, meat, eggs, etc...
  • hectortrejo1220
    hectortrejo1220 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's going to be difficult if you look for foods that are just one macro; most foods have a mix - balance them. Hitting MFP's default macro split isn't difficult, because it is a good balance. Have you adjusted your macros? To what? Why?

Yeah I'm tryna cut my belly fat so I went up on protein and kinda downed my carbs found eating carbs was difficult while tryna maintain the protein I wanted... so now Im stuck with lots of protein and fat and limited amount of carbs for dinner...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Yeah I'm tryna cut my belly fat so I went up on protein and kinda downed my carbs found eating carbs was difficult while tryna maintain the protein I wanted... so now Im stuck with lots of protein and fat and limited amount of carbs for dinner...

Steak & veg...