Max amount of wt lost in a wk.. let's hear it here!

Options
DanielleGrubaugh2014
DanielleGrubaugh2014 Posts: 19 Member
edited October 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
What was the max amount of wt you've lost in a wk? And what do you believe contributed to losing that much in a wk?

Replies

• DanielleGrubaugh2014
    Options
    I'm not promoting such a thing, just curious. I'm aware everyone is different and will lose differently based on the amount of wt they have.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    When I first started keto, about 5lbs. Mostly water weight of course.
  • DanielleGrubaugh2014
    Options
    I've heard great things about the keto diet. Some of my friends have done it and lost a good amount of wt.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Most super fast weight losses will come from shifts in water weight. My biggest drop this effort has been 2.6lbs but it came back the next week.
  • DanielleGrubaugh2014
    Options
    Wow, a year that must have been hard. I've never tried the keto diet cuz I know I would not last more than a wk lol. It's a hard diet I've heard. Well I wish you luck on your wt loss!
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Wow, a year that must have been hard. I've never tried the keto diet cuz I know I would not last more than a wk lol. It's a hard diet I've heard. Well I wish you luck on your wt loss!

Thank you! Same to you. :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    About 5 Lbs when I first started...combination of water weight lost and less inherent waste in my system. From there on out it was about 1-1.5 Lbs per week. You can't actually lose fat fast...large losses are mostly attributable to water and glycogen depletion.
  • hydechildcare
    hydechildcare Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I lost 7 pounds 1 week. I hadn't lost anything in about a week and half. I had gain 3 three of those during that time of the month. 2 days after stopping my period I lost 7 pounds. During that time of the month I don't loss for about a week and a half then I loose it all in 1 big whoosh
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh 387lb. Thats what helped me have a large first week loss
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    I've lost upwards of 7lbs in a day before. Not sure about max lost over a week, though.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    What was the max amount of wt you've lost in a wk? And what do you believe contributed to losing that much in a wk?

This is going to sound like a harsh response, but it's really not meant to be....

Since weight has several components, i.e. bones/muscles/organs, fat and water, with water fluctuating at bigger amplitude and quicker frequency and fat moving more slowly, your question is essentially meaningless. With a max loss rate (of fat) for 90%+ of people, of 2 pounds or less per week, and with your fluid fluctuations in a single day being up to 2X-3X more than that, weight loss over a single week is not going to tell you much, if anything.

I realize it's a simple question, but since the goal of weight loss is really fat loss, the only real thing that's going to contribute to an extraordinary amount weight lost in a given week is likely water retention/release. Fat loss is slower, but harder to isolate because of the other variables....
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    The largest drop I ever have recorded over a 7-day period is 10.8 pounds, from January 1 to January 8, 2013. You can maybe guess why I dropped a lot of weight over that time period. ;)