Starting over after becoming a mom. Anyone else?

Options
StephTheBookworm
StephTheBookworm Posts: 177 Member
edited October 2017 in Motivation and Support
Hi everyone! I started on MFP in 2012 and weighed 270 pounds. By late 2013, I had shed 118 pounds and got down to 152 pounds. In that time, I met a guy right here on MFP! He lived in CA and moved to NY to be with me. In 2013, we got married, and in 2015, we welcomed our son.

I gained back A LOT of weight with my pregnancy. Since becoming a mother, I have not been active at all and have struggled with my weight again. 3 weeks ago, I decided to take back control of my life and re-commit to losing weight. I am now on my second journey, so to speak. I've been back here for 3 weeks and have lost 5.5 pounds so far. I am excited to be on this journey again and get back to where I feel healthy and good about myself.

Would love to have new friends who may be in a similar situation. Maybe you became a mother and gained back some weight too. Maybe you gained back some weight for another reason. Whatever your reason, I'd love to hear from others who are on their second journey here.

Replies

• rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I started on MFP in 2012 and weighed 270 pounds. By late 2013, I had shed 118 pounds and got down to 152 pounds. In that time, I met a guy right here on MFP! He lived in CA and moved to NY to be with me. In 2013, we got married, and in 2015, we welcomed our son.

I gained back A LOT of weight with my pregnancy. Since becoming a mother, I have not been active at all and have struggled with my weight again. 3 weeks ago, I decided to take back control of my life and re-commit to losing weight. I am now on my second journey, so to speak. I've been back here for 3 weeks and have lost 5.5 pounds so far. I am excited to be on this journey again and get back to where I feel healthy and good about myself.

Would love to have new friends who may be in a similar situation. Maybe you became a mother and gained back some weight too. Maybe you gained back some weight for another reason. Whatever your reason, I'd love to hear from others who are on their second journey here.

This is sooooooo sweet!! I was on a diet before my little one I was 146 and I got pregnant and went up to 170 and got down to right around 160, now I'm at 129!
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    This is my second time too. I got diagnosed with breast cancer in May 2015 and put on a huge amount of weight during and after chemo. I have to lose at least 2 stone before they'll do my reconstructive surgery and then I will have a further 3 to go before I'm back to 'normal'... whatever that is :D:D:D I'm currently down 12lb after starting again properly in september. Would love to have more friends in my crew ! Congrats on your new bubba