ok I am working out steady but...

Options
I still can't bring my calories down. Tips please!!!!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Eat less?
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Obviously. .. I think it's because I get so hungry after lifting.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    So plan your meals and have something decent after training...
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    Play with macros. Try more good fats, less carb, reasonable protein.

Also switch to cardio for a while.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Try eating something with carbs before working out, such as a piece of fruit, and something with protein and carbs such as a glass of milk or Greek yogurt with berries after working out. A lot of people get these nutrients from power bars or protein shakes, which is fine, but I prefer ordinary food.

You don't need much, about 10 - 15 g, to feel much better. Low blood sugar and a need for protein can definitely trigger binge eating in some people! If this way of eating doesn't help you, try adding a little fat such as a small handful of nuts or a tablespoon of peanut butter. Play with it until you find something which helps you feel satisfied and stay within your calories.
  • thatfitdad
    thatfitdad Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Eat 1/3 your calories in plant based products, youll eat alot. Ill eat over a lb of organic vegies a day, few cups of rice, lean meat, whey, eggs and oatmeal.
    Or try I.F. thats a way to learn to control your hunger.

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,482 Member
    Options
    What are you eating before?

If you are lifting, calorie counting alone isn't enough.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I am usually "starving" after I lift or run so I plan my daily meal for immediately following my workout. Try planning your workout immediately before a meal and then eating a balanced (protein/fat/carb) meal afterwards.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I eat right after my run in the morning but by 9:30 I am starving to the point feeling bad. I call it my "calorie crash". The answer for me is a serving of almonds. I like the packs that Sam's Club has. It gets me through. Lunch is a small sandwich and diner is a small piece lean meat with fresh veggies.