Healthy food or not?

Options
So guys today i'm gonna be cooking my food for the first time and i'd like it to have lots of hot chilli, but i dunno if that's going to be healthy or not. The ingredients are going to be:

- one medium red onion.
- one medium capsicum.
- 100-120 grams of sliced mushrooms.
- 100-150 grams of skineless, boneless chicken breast.
- 100 grams of topside beef steak.
- 100-150 grams of roasted red chilli pepper ( which is 99% fat free and has only 4 grams of carbs).
- 20 grams of Japanese soy sauce.
- might put about 40 grams of noodles in my bowl.

P.S: I'm not going to eat all that many myself lol.

What do you guys think of that? Is it healthy or not?

Thanks.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    What's do you think possibly unhealthy about that? Veggies, lean meat, seasoning, noodles...
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Healthy is a very subjective term. Does it fit your calories? Does it fit your other goals whatever they may be? Do you like it?

Definately an interesting combination. Be sure to use the recipe builder when you make it so you can calculate the calories, etc.
  • Tariq_1997
    Tariq_1997 Posts: 143 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    What's do you think possibly unhealthy about that? Veggies, lean meat, seasoning, noodles...

I dunno TBH, I'm doing a strict diet but TBH I wanna change a bit a have something else so I wanted to cook something like this. I'd say the noodles and the soy sauce?
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    I think you're overthinking. Healthy is a subjective thing, and nothing is healthy or unhealthy in a vacuum. It's a worry that you're so strict that something as innocent as this combo can have you second guessing whether it's healthy enough to eat.
  • Tariq_1997
    Options
    Healthy is a very subjective term. Does it fit your calories? Does it fit your other goals whatever they may be? Do you like it?

Definately an interesting combination. Be sure to use the recipe builder when you make it so you can calculate the calories, etc.

Well my daily calorie intake isn't more than 800 calories a day since i go to uni and don't eat there so i just eat when i get back home that's why it's low and tbh i'm happy with it, so what do you think?
    And yeah i always calculate my calories i take
  • Tariq_1997
    Options
    I think you're overthinking. Healthy is a subjective thing, and nothing is healthy or unhealthy in a vacuum. It's a worry that you're so strict that something as innocent as this combo can have you second guessing whether it's healthy enough to eat.

100% ur on point that's what's happening to me like everytime i wonna eat something i thing for like 10 minutes and do researches to check what it has and then choose
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Tariq_1997 wrote: »

Well my daily calorie intake isn't more than 800 calories a day since i go to uni and don't eat there so i just eat when i get back home that's why it's low and tbh i'm happy with it, so what do you think?

I think you need to eat at least 4-500 more calories, minimum, depending on your age, height and current weight.
  • Tariq_1997
    Options
    musicfan68 wrote: »

I think you need to eat at least 4-500 more calories, minimum, depending on your age, height and current weight.

Yeah i know but i just wonna loss the weight :-/
    My age is 20 and height 189 cm and weight was 141KG 10 months ago but now i'm 114.5 KG
  • Ready2Rock206
    Options

Yikes! I think it is scary you think eating that few calories is okay. Does your university have a counselor you can speak to about your food issues?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I'd eat all that myself.... Except I wouldn't mix chicken and beef. Weird. Why so much chilli..if it's hot, I'd only use that much if I didn't want any taste buds left and didn't care about enjoying the taste of my meal.
  • Tariq_1997
    Options

Yikes! I think it is scary you think eating that few calories is okay. Does your university have a counselor you can speak to about your food issues?

Lol ofcourse it does but should i speak to a couselor about food? There ia food at the uni but i don't wonna have junk food
  • Tariq_1997
    Options
    I'd eat all that myself.... Except I wouldn't mix chicken and beef. Weird. Why so much chilli..if it's hot, I'd only use that much if I didn't want any taste buds left and didn't care about enjoying the taste of my meal.

I like pepper in food instead of salt, and nah i'm not mixing the chicken with beef, it's like a chinese dish i saw on youtube lol.
  • Tariq_1997
    Options
    holy red flags!!

Please seek out someone to talk to.. youve been eating barely anything to even support your daily body functions for 10 whole months. This is scary, youve probably lost lean muscle, your organs could shut down, you could start losing your hair.. you are making yourself sick..

Wait *kitten* i didn't explain more.
    I did'nt eat like that for 10 months lol i ate everything the last 8 months. I've been doing the strict diet for 1 months now. Since the day i started (January) till now (October) i have lost 7 KG of muscles and 25+ fat.
    I'm having 120 grams of protein from food everyday, and having less fats and carbs which i'm trying to lower the amounts.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Yeah i know but i just wonna loss the weight :-/
    My age is 20 and height 189 cm and weight was 141KG 10 months ago but now i'm 114.5 KG
    You will lose weight eating 1800-2000 calories. 800 calories will just make you lose your mind.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    In summary you are eating healthy food but have an extremely unhealthy overall diet due to a ridiculously low calorie allowance.
  • Alatariel75
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Your extremely low calories and over worrying about how healthy foods are when they're make of lean meat veg and seasonings is very concerning. You're stepping into some dark territory. It's worrying and you should consider what it really means to be "healthy". Because you're worried about whether this meal is healthy, while treating your body very unhealthily.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

if you only eat 800 cals per day then , no, it is in no way healthy.

Do eat all of that recipe yourself, its only got 200g of meat in....
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    800 calories? At your age/size (assuming you’re male from the name), you can (and should) probably eat triple that.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Options

Lol ofcourse it does but should i speak to a couselor about food? There ia food at the uni but i don't wonna have junk food

Like a medical counselor who deals with eating disorders. Not the counselor that helps you with your classes.

For someone who is very concerned about if one meal is healthy you'd think you'd be more concerned about your health overall. That's like being concerned if your knife is clean before you stab someone with it. Why not focus on your total health and up those calories to a healthy level before you do permanent damage?