Best exercise for fat burning

Options
2»

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Exercise doesn't burn fat per se... it burns calories. Where those calories come from is depending on a number of factors. Keep you diet/intake in check, exercise for your goals, and be consistent. That's the recipe.
  • ManBehindTheMask
    ManBehindTheMask Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    happyvez wrote: »
    What is the best exercise to burn fat?

Calorie deficit

Damn beat me to it!
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Whatever exercise:

Gets you to an aerobic range for an extended period.

Is fun! If you don't like what your doing you will eventually stop.

Better to do workouts you enjoy even if it isn't the highest calorie burning workout.

The least calorie burning workout is the one you don't do.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    as most have said..there are certainly exercises that burn more calories than others but to lose fat, you just have to consume less calories than you take in.
    I have tried everything and to be honest, choose something that you can stick with because if you are not enjoying it....you will not keep it up.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    HIIT but definitely weights as well. Resistance training builds lean muscle which ups your metabolism which means you burn more calories while you're resting. That combined with the cardio is what works best for fat burning.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Whatever gets you moving consistently
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I blast the most calories when I'm roller skating. It's very easy on my joints but a great leg and core workout. I try and skate between 4-8 miles twice a week.