Tired of being "fat"

Options
Hi everybody, just getting signed up on my fitnesspal. Site looks great and I'm really excited! I hope the excitement lasts! I need to stay motivated cuz I have to make a life change! My husband, family and firends are all very supportive but weight loss is hard work! Hoping this site makes all my dreams come tru and then some!

Replies

• cynditoney
    cynditoney Posts: 90
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP!! This site is great, the people are friendly, motivational and informative! Just remember to log everything~ food, drink, snacks and exercise. You will do great!! Friends will keep your spirits lifted!

Cyndi:flowerforyou:
  • Sassy_Girl
    Sassy_Girl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

I think you will really like this site. I have looked and been part of others and some have so much info and flashing stuff on them, I can't stay focus and have trouble nativagting the system. Some sites are almost like an business card with too much info on them. This site has everything you will need and it's user friendly. Good luck to you and let the "heatlhy and happy" begin.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you as you begin this journey. If you use MFP to it's fullest potential and are honest to yourself in your logging in of foods you will be successful! You will find lots of support and encouragement here, so don't hesitate to post when you are struggling; there is always someone else who has shared your experience and can help put it in perspective and keep you on track. Eat Healthy and make this a lifestyle, not a diet!
  • salford25
    salford25 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Trust me it will! I just joined on 05/22/10 and lost 15lbs so far! We can be friends if you like to help each other stay motivated. I really enjoy this site! Well I am off to the gym right now... Hope to hear from you soon and good luck on your new lifestyle change!
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I got tired of " You have such a pretty face"! whatever! Everytime I look in the mirror I dont regonize who's looking back. I was always an active person. Played every sport, walking around with friends. But things change and you just dont realize it happens. Im tired of being the nice person who has the" pretty face." Anyways I lost about 70 lbs 2 years ago , not by using this site. I never counted calories just ate good and excerise. Ididnt know anything about calorie counting, eating back calories or anything like that. I couldnt lose anymore weight and kinda got upset about it and gave a up and gain back around 15 lbs. Not back I say. But I knew if I didnt stop this downward motion I never reach my dreams. So, my sister told me about this site and I joined and got really inpired and excited. I learned so much information and still learning. I have been here since march of this year and I have lost 28 lbs so far. So thats a total of around 85lbs. I see results and is more hopeful this time I will suceed. So will you!