Chips calling my name. Help.

Options
2»

Replies

• kat_lifts
    kat_lifts Posts: 56
    Options
    What helps me to deal with food like that is to say "there is no nutritional value for me here." Because before my thought was... Oh I'll do some jumping jacks to burn these calories off. Or think "I'll indulge now, and not eat anything else." But indulging in processed food has such a greater harm on us in the long run. "A moment of the lips..." forever in your body, sickening it. I'm sure those chips are far worse that being high in calories, and far worse than sodium content... The true problem is that its not REAL FOOD. reach for something that will benefit you and your life! Aren't we made to survive and sustain our lives?? Don't eat garbage. It's just that simple. And as soon as you stop eating processed fool and replacing it with an abundance of whole foods, there won't be a chip in sight to call your name! Maybe and hopefully just some kale chips! Ha! :)
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Get them out of the house--throw them away!

If the voice in your head is telling you not to waste food, remind yourself regardless of whether they're in the garbage or in your body--they're still going to waste.

Or you could give them to homeless people. Nobody is going to care if they get cancer from the TOXINZ anyway.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    What helps me to deal with food like that is to say "there is no nutritional value for me here." Because before my thought was... Oh I'll do some jumping jacks to burn these calories off. Or think "I'll indulge now, and not eat anything else." But indulging in processed food has such a greater harm on us in the long run. "A moment of the lips..." forever in your body, sickening it. I'm sure those chips are far worse that being high in calories, and far worse than sodium content... The true problem is that its not REAL FOOD. reach for something that will benefit you and your life! Aren't we made to survive and sustain our lives?? Don't eat garbage. It's just that simple. And as soon as you stop eating processed fool and replacing it with an abundance of whole foods, there won't be a chip in sight to call your name! Maybe and hopefully just some kale chips! Ha! :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthorexia_nervosa
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Every evening the potato chips are calling my name and I answer. Please help me find another food to substitute with, it seems like I crave the salt and crunch.

Really old *kitten* tissues? Think of the protein.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I love Chips!

tumblr_lkvwad5WsY1qhmcc0o1_400.jpg
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    You could consider getting your name changed to see if this helps.

(Don't tell the chips though or this plan will surely fail)
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Why don't you take the chips to the sink then put them down the garbage disposal. I had to do that with certain things until I got a handle on my 'need' to eat them.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Where are the chips coming from? You're going to have to interrupt the supply chain. Is it a good idea for an alcoholic to keep a liquor cabinet full of goodies? Throw the chips out and do not buy them.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Kale chips are crunchy, tasty, and nutrient-rich. Much fewer calories than potato chips.

You're NOT SPOSEDTA EAT THAT CRAP. It's a GARNISH!! Do you also eat the little plastic sword that holds the olive in your martini?

Just eat some damn chips. Sheesh.
  • LAnne16
    LAnne16 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I eat Special K cracker chips! You can have 20 and then I eat homemade onion dip (which is kinda high in sodium, but better than the store bought stuff)
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    3 Options sorry for the bluntness but sometimes it is what it is

1. Throw out / Stop buying chips and buy something else with less calories that makes a crunch sound when you bite into it (pretzels, pop chips, nuts, etc).

2. Save room for chips and enjoy them every night within your allowable calories

3. Keep gorging on chips and remain as you are or move farther away from your goal.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Make room in your day for a serving of chips.

you and your logic are not welcome here...

and that goes for anyone who wants to suggest "will power" as well.

out with you all!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Every evening the potato chips are calling my name and I answer. Please help me find another food to substitute with, it seems like I crave the salt and crunch.

1) Eat the salt...it's actually salty AND crunchy
    2) Move...you can't hear the chips if you no longer live there
    3) Ear plugs or headphones and loud music...so you can't hear anything
    4) Substitute with corn chips...preferably Doritos...in taco shell form...with beef and cheese and such.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

out with you all!

I suggest will... oh, nevermind.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Wear ear plugs.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    yep, I am a chip person,
  • kat_lifts
    kat_lifts Posts: 56
    Options

out with you all!

Agreed
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I like snap pea crisps

Me, too. Chips I can't portion control myself with, but the snap pea crisps I can easily have a few and put the bag away.
  • Nancy_AZ60
    Nancy_AZ60 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I caved yesterday and got a 1oz bag of orional lays. They were SOOO GOOD.. but.. lots of carbs for such a small snack. I am think I need the salts. Switching to Nuts.