Protein in porridge/oatmeal

Options
I have a serious porridge/oatmeal addiction...I could seriously eat it for my 3 meals per day. I often add protein powder to it in order to hit my macros and keep my protein intake on track.

I would be interested to hear how others consume their porridge with sufficient protein....what do you add to yours to keep your protein goals on track?

Replies

• alcomer
    alcomer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I add a mixture of flax seeds, nuts, PB2 and/or protein powder
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I add about 40 grams liquid eggwhites and also protein powder to my oatmeal!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Protein powder, whatever flavor sounds best that day, and frozen berries.
  • Emmygm
    Emmygm Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Nuts, seeds, peanut butter, sometimes even soft tofu if I have it on hand. I also usually top oatmeal with a dairy protein (Greek yogurt or, preferably, cottage cheese). Usually winds up being ridiculously high in protein.

I used to frequently add protein powder, but now I'm trying to move towards getting my protein from less processed sources.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I make porridge with milk and water, add butter, and lean on other foods for protein.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, PB2, whey protein isolate, milk.
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I have 2 or 3 hard boiled eggs with it or some cheese or peanut butter, also a banana and 2% milk on it.

For example I just had 1.5 cups (dry) oatmeal, 2 bananas, 1/2 cup milk and two hard boiled eggs for my 2nd meal of the day.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I blend the oats with egg whites and protein powder (plus other stuff, then make pancakes. I don't like porridge :p
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Eggs are great with oatmeal. My mom also eats hers with bacon/sausage.

You can also consider making savory oats. Adding things like spinach/broccoli, tomato, feta/cheddar, chicken/steak.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    1/2 scoop vanilla protein, cinnamon, dash of almond milk, 1 tsp brown sugar = cinnamon roll oats!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Egg whites! Nuke, then chill overnight. In the morning I add protein powder and pb powder. Yum!
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Currently add either

White choc or red velvet whey
    To my oats

As I’m cutting I use water
    To maintain I use milk
    To bulk I use milk and coconut oil
  • Dinow
    Dinow Posts: 113 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Oatmeal with water mashed banana and chia seeds
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I like savory oats, mixed with a runny egg or two (cooked sunny side up) and vegetables.

Berries plus protein powder plus oats works too, and I get it as a comfort food (it's what I crave when sick). Powdered peanut butter adds some protein also.