MEAL PREP

Options
I have been doing meal prep for a little over a month now and I have never been happier! Do any of you guys do it? What are you favorite meals?

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    "meal prep" = ? I mean, I prep everything I cook.. or are you talking about prepping a weeks worth of food at one time, etc?
  • TrueBlueBruin78
    TrueBlueBruin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I actually really enjoy it. Knowing that i have food ready to go is HUGE when it comes to curbing cravings. I take one day out of the week, usually my only rest day from the gym, and prep my meals for the week. I use steam bags a lot, for my fish, makes it really fresh when i eat them. Another item i like are preping sweet potatoes.
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I don't prep a full week's worth of meals, but I do try to do some prep on the weekend. On Sunday I:

Grilled enough chicken for dinner plus 1 extra meal.
    Made and froze hamburger patties
    Browned ground beef for tacos

And last night while I was cooking my tacos I also made rice for tonight's dinner.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    What did you do before?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    I have been doing meal prep for a little over a month know and I have never been happier?

we dont know...only you can answer that.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I have been doing meal prep for a little over a month know and I have never been happier?

QFT
  • kelseyann92
    kelseyann92 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    "meal prep" = ? I mean, I prep everything I cook.. or are you talking about prepping a weeks worth of food at one time, etc?

Yes! I mean that I prepare all of my lunches and dinners for the week and put them in seperate containers so I can just grab one and pop it in the microwave!
  • kelseyann92
    Options

I made a typo, fixed it now to avoid any confusion!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

Yes! I mean that I prepare all of my lunches and dinners for the week and put them in seperate containers so I can just grab one and pop it in the microwave!
    yeah, I basically just prep a weeks worth of proteins. I'll cook a few pounds of chicken, pork, beef. Lunches are typically meat and whatever fresh veg I have on-hand. Carrots, broccoli.. whatever. It certainly makes life easier though.
  • kelseyann92
    Options

QFT

Sorry for the typo! I went back and corrected it..
  • kelseyann92
    Options
    What did you do before?

Before I just decided what I was going to eat everyday for lunch at that time. But now that I already know what I am going to eat everyday it makes it much easier to count calories and stay on track!
  • kelseyann92
    Options
    I actually really enjoy it. Knowing that i have food ready to go is HUGE when it comes to curbing cravings. I take one day out of the week, usually my only rest day from the gym, and prep my meals for the week. I use steam bags a lot, for my fish, makes it really fresh when i eat them. Another item i like are preping sweet potatoes.

Hmm I may need to look into steam bags! Thanks!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

QFT

Sorry for the typo! I went back and corrected it..

AH YES! you ARE happier! that's excellent news!

yes i tend to prepare lunches for the week on sunday afternoon.
    my go-to is lots and lots of chicken and rice. then i usually keep a bag of frozen broccoli and/or sugar snap peas in the freezer at work. heat it all up, and bam! well fed with great protein and carbs and veg. winning.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    What did you do before?

Before I just decided what I was going to eat everyday for lunch at that time. But now that I already know what I am going to eat everyday it makes it much easier to count calories and stay on track!

I have done this for ages. Sunday is my cooking day. It makes the rest of the week much easier.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of food prep on Sundays and Wednesdays and it helps me A LOT. :smile: