First week with my HRM

Options
I just purchased my HRM on Monday (7.5.10). I normally weigh in on Sundays. So when I updated my weight this morning from last Sunday to today here's what my status said:
Jenks lost 2.9 pounds since her last weigh-in! She's lost 42.1 pounds so far.
Can't say that I could've done it without it, since I'm been at a stand still for weeks.
I don't think it was just because my counts were more accurate, but also because I had to work harder to justify (to myself) on spending the money right before vacation :laugh:

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    great job. i love my HRM. it just doesn't love my treadmill at home. i have to figure out a way to make it work. it's a new treadmill. my old one i could hang the watch part near it and it would still read the chest strap. this one i am still working with. it does make you more aware of where your heart rate is.
    enjoy it.
  • diffant
    diffant Posts: 2
    Options
    What is an HRM?
  • NancyMoedt
    NancyMoedt Posts: 207
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitor
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    What is an HRM?

Heart Rate Monitor. Some have a feature that lets you know what your calorie burn is, based on your heart rate.
  • OlenaS
    OlenaS Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    That's great! It is well worth the money (I got mine too this week, on Friday).
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Wtg girl! Awesome job!!! I purchased mine yesterday. Already started using it.
  • athenafl
    athenafl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I've had the same experience. i was on a plateau for months. Replaced my worn out HRM with one that measures calories, too, and discovered that the MFP exercise calories are often way over what my HRM calculates. No wonder I was on a plateau!

This morning I biked for more than two hours. MFP calculated that ride at 1600+ calories. My HRM says 1113. I strongly recommend using an HRM if you can afford one. Of course, YMMV.
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you love your HRM. I brought one a few weeks back and it's really made me work harder in all my workout. Also it taught me that it takes a long while and lots of hard work to burn a sufficient number of calories. The MFP calculates calories burned way too high so you really need a HRM.

Enjoy you HRM :smile: :smile:
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    see for me its the opposite, I burn over 1,000 cals and mfp says its like 800 or so. Either way i couldn't do it with out my hrm...love my polar

AND CONGRATS!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!