Keto Diet

Options
2»

Replies

• LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    To add on to what @filbo132 so aptly stated, you need to find what works for you. Who cares what it is called, right? Who cares if 20 people in here tell you "Oh, man....that messed me up big time" (or whatever the comment is).....it might have. But, you are a different person and it might work for you. And, it might not work for you.

I have a higher A1C (and have for a decade) and I am playing with lower cabs and potentially keto. I am one of those folks who does not respond well to carbs (but, dang do I love to eat them) in that I feel very bloated and super full (and NOT in a good way). So, I really do not care what the nutritional plan is called....does it work for me. Don't really care if it worked for him and for her but not for them....I will take everyone's input (I mean, they took the time to respond and to share their experiences....I am most grateful for that....so I will not just blow them off....that would be an <kitten>hole move...) and see how things work for me.

I would suggest that you do the same.

And, if the Atkins Diet works for you....GREAT! If the South Beach Diet works great for you, AWESOME. If <insert name of diet here> works for YOU, then do that one.

Key is going to be adherence! If you are miserable, then you are not likely going to continue with that for too long. So, even if it works for you but you feel miserable.......

You might have to just play with food and see how you respond.

I just did that (I can not go into the gym and train due to recovering from something....) and had a lot of fun with all of this amazing food and learned a lot about how my body responds. Next test - for me - is going to be playing with what I learned and applying it when I am back in the gym.

I do a not so rigid version of Intermittent Fasting and I like it. I also eat five or six times a day (smaller meals). That works for me well. You do not know until you try things. And, if you are going to try things then I might suggest that you try that "something" for a couple of weeks - at the very least. It takes the body some time to respond.....it is playing catch up with a lot of things. Just be careful - it WILL catch up! LOL!
  • hughjazz74
    hughjazz74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Glad to read all of this info this morning. Was planning to post a Keto msg as well but you all beat me to it. :) I'm considering starting today after failed attempts at a more moderate approach to weight loss. I need something new to hopefully kick me into gear.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    try burning more calories than you take in... and i tried all that fat you eat on keto was killing me.... do what works for you