*OCTOBER - DECEMBER BIGGEST LOSER CHALLENGE STARTING SOON*

Wiccandothis
Wiccandothis Posts: 844 Member
edited October 2017 in Challenges
Interested in joining a new challenge group? Don't miss out on the next round of our BIGGEST LOSER TEAM CHALLENGE!! If you're looking for some motivation and encouragement...a team challenge might be for you! Join our next round for a chance to compete with multiple teams while challenging yourself at the same time. This is also a great way of staying on track and remaining accountable during the upcoming holiday's! Let us help you to help yourself!!

The Biggest Loser Team Challenge will start up a new 9-week challenge on October 30th!! You must request to join and as soon as you are accepted, you have to post your weight during the initial weigh in. The initial weigh in will be open from Thursday, October 26th - Sunday, October 29th @ 10:00 pm PST. Please read over the dates and the rules for the challenge and if you are interested, please request to join the group here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/23818-biggest-loser-team-challenge

Please take a few minutes to read through the challenge calendar and rules of the Biggest Loser Challenge, while paying extra attention to rules #5 and #6. Thank you :)

Your Moderators:
Wiccandothis
MonicaA2013
*We all post reminders to weigh ins, and also make good friends. :smile: Please feel free to add us as friends.*

Challenge Calendar:

Thursday, October 26th - Sunday, October 29th: Initial Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, October 30th: Week 1 Begins (Check the forum to see which team you are on, and the challenges for the week!)
Thursday, November 2nd - Sunday, November 5th: Week 1 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, November 6th: Week 2 Begins and Week 1 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST (Check the forum to see the results from the previous week's weigh in every Monday.)
Thursday, November 9th - Sunday November 12th: Week 2 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, November 13th: Week 3 Begins and Week 2 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST
Thursday, November 16th - Sunday, November 19th: Week 3 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, November 20th: Week 4 Begins and Week 3 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST
Thursday, November 23rd - Sunday, November26th: Week 4 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, November 27th: Week 5 Begins and Week 4 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST
Thursday, November 30th - Sunday, December 3rd: Week 5 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, December 4th: Week 6 Begins and Week 5 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST (Officially Halfway!)
Thursday, December 7th - Sunday, December 10th: Week 6 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, December 11th: Week 7 Begins and Week 6 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST
Thursday, December 14th - Sunday, December 17th: Week 7 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, December 18th: Week 8 Begins and Week 7 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST
Thursday, December 21th - Sunday, December 24th: Week 8 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, December 25th: Week 9 Begins and Week 8 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST
Thursday, December 28th - Sunday, December 31st: Week 9 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, January 1st 2018: FINAL RESULTS POSTED!

Challenge Rules (subject to discussion and change):

1) Several teams compete, with up to 30 members each. Which team you are a member of is decided by the power of The Almighty Spreadsheet. Please respect the other members of your team! Everyone has a valid opinion, and we want to provide an open space for them to share it.

2) Each group will have their own thread. Please keep all group discussions in this thread, as making multiples threads per group makes it harder for we (the moderators) to keep track of everything and keep things organized. Please help us, help you. :) If you would like to post about a topic not related to your group, please feel free to start a thread. Otherwise, each team will have one thread for discussion.

3) You should log your weight once each week. Weigh-ins will always open on Thursdays, no later than 10:00 am PST and close on Sundays at 10:00 pm (PST; Pacific Time US)! This will happen in the form of a new thread each week (e.g. WEEK 1 WEIGH IN THREAD) which will be posted on the group's forum. Late weights will not be accepted. We - the group's moderators - will post the results of each weigh-in by Monday at noon, 12:00 pm PST at the latest.

4) The first weigh-in (the starting weigh-in) establishes your "beginning" weight for the purpose of calculating percentage lost. The team with the highest percentage of weight lost during the challenge will be our official challenge winners. NOTE: Please make sure that you accurately post your initial weight, and your weight for all following weigh-ins. We (the moderators) encourage everyone to accurately post their weights, and follow a healthy weight loss plan. Really, at the end of the day, the goal of this competition is to motivate one another to work towards the ultimate goal -- a healthy, long, and happy life (and safe weight loss to get there)!

5) 3 Strikes and you're out: Missing 3 weigh-ins disqualifies you from the competition and puts you onto the Cheerleader's team. These weights will no longer count for your original team. Members of the Cheerleader team will not be ranked for the purposes of this challenge, but they are still encouraged to weigh-in each week. They may also participate in the threads and challenges hosted by competing teams. If you KNOW that you're going to miss a weigh-in, please message Wiccandothis or MonicaA2013 and we'll re-post your previous week's weight - so you will not get a strike.

6) This is a 9 week challenge, before posting your initial weight and being assigned a team, please make sure you are ready to participate for the full nine weeks. I CANNOT MAKE THIS STATEMENT BOLD ENOUGH!! It is not fair to yourself or your team to begin a challenge you do not intend to finish. We are all here to help each other. If you are having a hard time staying on track, please do not drop out…turn to your team for help. Please participate in your team threads as much as possible. We are all here to help each other and keep each other motivated for the duration of the challenge. Great friendships have started here so take advantage of it!

7) We will set MANDATORY challenges every week (usually one nutrition and one fitness based). This will usually be posted within the weigh in thread on Thursday as a heads up and also at the bottom of the results for the week on Monday. In addition to the challenges we set, your group may decide to do additional challenges. You may also pick and choose from the challenges we set. It is up to the teams!

8) New members and returning members must join the group and log a starting weight BEFORE the October 29th deadline, after that new members to the group will be put on a waiting list. Non-members can either visit the group's homepage (http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/23818-biggest-loser-team-challenge) to request entrance to the group, or they can send a direct message to Wiccandothis or MonicaA2013.

9) We have recently added a wait list that will still be in test mode during this challenge. Each team will top out at 30 members, after that every one who joins will be added to the wait list. The wait listers can post their weight through the weigh in thread each week like the rest of us so they can keep track of their progress. I will create a better spreadsheet on that tab for their weight loss and percentage to calculate as well. The week they are moved from the wait list and on to a team is when their weight will be transferred and carry on from that point forward. For example; if a member is added at week 5, their weight for weeks 1-5 will be the same. That way their loss (or gain) will not skew the results or progress the teams have made at that point. Sine we are still testing this feature out there may still be a few things that will need to be worked out, but I am really excited for this addition to the challenge. I am expecting this addition to the challenge to generate continued motivation and hopefully keep the momentum going for every team for the whole duration of the challenge.

Thank you and Good Luck!!

Replies

• brittanydashnay
    brittanydashnay Posts: 203 Member
    I am so in! I lost 18lbs the first round (2lbs/week) and plan on doing the same this round!
  • keishkeish
    keishkeish Posts: 270 Member
    edited October 2017
    Hello :) , would love to join the October starting group. My current weight is 308 lbs. Looking forward a new challenge!
  • keishkeish
    keishkeish Posts: 270 Member
    I would love to be apart of the new group :) ! Looking forward to joining the challenge
  • enchanted20
    enchanted20 Posts: 2 Member
    My friend and I would love to do this together!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,501 Member
    bump
  • rocketass99
    rocketass99 Posts: 537 Member
    would like to be put on a team.
  • Wiccandothis
    All requests to join have been approved and are up to date. If interest, please go to the team page and request to join, then you will receive a message once accepted. Please make sure you are able to remain committed for the full 9 weeks before joining.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/23818-biggest-loser-team-challenge
  • clynnwoodard
    clynnwoodard Posts: 319 Member
    I want back in, please!
  • Wiccandothis
    I want back in, please!

For sure! We want you back in as well! You should still be a member so just make sure you post your weight during the weigh in period when the thread is open from October 26 - 29th.
  • serser28
    serser28 Posts: 161 Member
    I surpassed my weight loss goal the last round thanks to this amazing challenge. Really appreciate all the work the admin team do to keep this challenge running. As I am hoping to just lose only a few pounds and then maintain (rather than going back up like I normally do) I think I would like to be a cheerleader for this round if that's okay? What would that involve - apart from cheerleading? :)
  • Wiccandothis
    serser28 wrote: »
    I surpassed my weight loss goal the last round thanks to this amazing challenge. Really appreciate all the work the admin team do to keep this challenge running. As I am hoping to just lose only a few pounds and then maintain (rather than going back up like I normally do) I think I would like to be a cheerleader for this round if that's okay? What would that involve - apart from cheerleading? :)

Being a cheerleader means that you can weigh in and track your like everyone else, but it went count towards a team. You can participate in the weekly challenges if you'd like and go into any team thread you'd like and offer words of wisdom, motivation and encouragement. You can also post reminders of weigh ins or whatever you'd like to help out the teams. If you decide to go that route, just put cheerleader under your weight when you post it.
  • Yav531
    Yav531 Posts: 10 Member
    Hi, I would like to join the challenge!
  • brittanydashnay
    brittanydashnay Posts: 203 Member
    serser28 wrote: »

You will make an amazing cheerleader - from your buddy! I would never have lost what i did without you
  • clarannebrowning
    clarannebrowning Posts: 24 Member
    My friend
    cecemarsh560 would like to join but she ssid she cant figure out where ..I tried telling her so I hope she finds where to sign up
  • Wiccandothis
    My friend
    cecemarsh560 would like to join but she ssid she cant figure out where ..I tried telling her so I hope she finds where to sign up

I can send her an invite if she can't find it.
  • Wiccandothis
    Bump
  • CaydensMommy
    CaydensMommy Posts: 315 Member
    I would like to join this challenge. I am active in another challenge like this that goes month to month. Maybe 2 challenges will be even more motivation.
  • CaydensMommy
    CaydensMommy Posts: 315 Member
    I see that weigh ins are from Thursday-Sunday. Monday's are my personal weigh days. So could I use Mondays weight and post on Thursdays?
  • Wiccandothis
    I see that weigh ins are from Thursday-Sunday. Monday's are my personal weigh days. So could I use Mondays weight and post on Thursdays?

Yes! Thirty can use any day as your weigh in day as long as you post it during the weigh in timeframe.