Don't stop once you've got your routine

Options
Went to the gym for the first time in almost a year. Almost passed out. :( I got diagnosed with diabetes 3 years ago tomorrow. I got my a1c way down then I got frustrated and lazy and stopped doing anything right when it comes to my health. I had labs Tuesday and my appointment is the 25th. My Dr called and said my numbers now are worse than they were then and to avoid sugar completely until my appointment so we could make a plan. Well, I've done this before, I know what I need to do, so I'm doing it. I'm pretty sure I freaked my gym buddy out so I hope she sticks with me. And I'll have to remember to have a protein drink before my workout next time.
The reason I'm sharing this is that I lost 60 lbs, got my a1c to 5.8, was the healthiest I'd been ever but I let a plateau and an injury let me stop and now I've got even more work to do.

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It happens to lots of us -- losing successfully and then going off track.
    You can can achieve your goals because you know yourself well. <3
    Good job getting to the gym after a year.
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    It is so true about sticking to your routine! I was comfortable in my weight loss routine, but once I hit goal I slipped back into bad habits. 15 pounds regained. And many attempts at restart could not motivate me the same way I was before. I'm finally back to it after a vacation of pure gluttony.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Technically, you do know that if you do what you did before you'll get the same results. Mentally, it might be harder this time. Stick with the plan. Use every trick you ever had and some you have to learn to stick with the plan.