Egg Haters

Options
So, just gonna throw this on here to see if I can get any help. . .I DESPISE eggs (I even get headaches with the hard boiled variety). What are some lo carb, high protein breakfasts and snacks I can sub out for this delima?

Replies

• delillolauren
    delillolauren Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Tofu
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    So, just gonna throw this on here to see if I can get any help. . .I DESPISE eggs (I even get headaches with the hard boiled variety). What are some lo carb, high protein breakfasts and snacks I can sub out for this delima?

Meat? cheese?
    What are you eating for your other meals? Have more of that.

https://kalynskitchen.com
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/recipes/low-carb/
  • Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Try fried tofu. Overnight, press slices of extra firm tofu between paper towels and plates in the fridge. This gets the excess moisture out. You can season as you like, and fry, like you would a breakfast meat.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Grilled cheese sandwich, or even better... a tuna melt! And don’t forget about bacon! Maybe a plate of cold cuts, cheese, nuts and fruit? Greek yogurt! Quesadilla! Many other options.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I eat meat for breakfast instead now. This morning it was chicken sausage. Greek yogurt just never cuts it for me.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,994 Member
    Options
    Bacon. Ham. Steak.
    Chicken, although for some reason that doesn't feel "breakfast-y" to me, but then again, I'll have a frozen burrito or leftover pizza for breakfast, so I don't know why I can't get mind around chicken for breakfast.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,994 Member
    Options
    What if you made the chicken into a fajita? Its like a burrito but then you can then wrap your mind around the chicken part lol

Good point. I think some of the frozen burritos I eat for breakfast from time to time are chicken burritos (although more usually pork, b/c that's what I like for the flavor).
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Forget "breakfast food" as a concept and eat what you like. Make some beef patties in advance. Have some steak. Have a ham steak. Mix a tin of tuna with some cottage cheese.
  • AmomZ
    AmomZ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hate eggs but can tolerate an egg heavy custard for breakfast that I use as an oatmeal replacement.
  • azironasun
    azironasun Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    What are some lo carb, high protein breakfasts and snacks I can sub out for this eggs?
    When I want a high protein change of pace from eggs, I have Lowfat Cottage Cheese. One cup has 190 calories, 12 carbs, 5 fats and 24 proteins, vs. 3 eggs, which have 215 calories, 1 carb, 14 fats and 19 proteins. Cottage cheese also fills me up as well as eggs.

• JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Maybe low carb isn't the best idea for you?

...because low-carbing is dependent on eggs. got it. :neutral:

I agree with the other suggestions, eat what you'd eat at any other time of the day.
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I love eggs for brekky & eat them every day

However, when I've been in Asia I've had giant grilled prawns, squid, fish soup, pho, sinigang and all manner of delicious seafood for breakfast

how about kippers, trout, smoked haddock, mackerel, herring? or a grilled sole with brown butter and shrimps?

all delcious, nutritious, different, rich in vital things like iodine, fish oils..

just a suggestion
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I made a Guinness beef stew over the weekend and had some leftovers for breakfast today...
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I've pretty much never eaten foods typically considered as “breakfast” foods for my first meal of the day. Your body isn't required to have them to function. It's pretty much completely a cultural thing. Many many countries eat breakfast meals that places like the US, Canada, Australia, and the UK would consider lunch or dinner meals. Eat what you want. No reason not to.
  • Bostonbee79
    Bostonbee79 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is shredded chicken, avocado, and sharp cheese rolled up in a tortilla. Add in a little honey mustard. It's not really breakfast like, but keeps me from starving all morning.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Maybe low carb isn't the best idea for you?

...because low-carbing is dependent on eggs. got it. :neutral:

I agree with the other suggestions, eat what you'd eat at any other time of the day.

It's a little concerning when a person wants to eat a particular way and can't come up with things to fit their parameters other than eggs, though....