liquid diet

Hello,
Has anyone tried the liquid diet and sought it to be effective

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Drinking calories does nothing to satisfy or satiate me - id be constantly hungry on a liquid diet. I prefer to eat foods to fit my calorie goals.

I also get lots of enjoyment from eating delicious food... Drinking calories would make me miserable.
  • tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    yeah i have done one for two weeks. lost 15lbs.. i did a water fast for 6 days and lost 17lbs.. i say do what u need to do by any means necessary
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,953 Member
    yeah i have done one for two weeks. lost 15lbs.. i did a water fast for 6 days and lost 17lbs.. i say do what u need to do by any means necessary

What godawful advice.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Being effective on paper is not enough. You need something that is effective in real life. Just to add to the general consensus. Losing weight takes time and conscious effort, keeping weight off takes forever and conscious effort. It sounds so boring but it really isn't; you can accept it or resent it, it's reality. Trying to trick the system will only bite you in the behind.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,689 MFP Moderator
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal. A growing list of support resources can be found in our Eating Disorder Resources page.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Sugar
    MFP Moderator
This discussion has been closed.