Recording your weight. When is the best time?

Options
Hi Team! Hope you all are having a WONDERFUL weekend.
Question flying at ya....When should you weight yourself for "the record?" I know my weight fluctuares about 3lbs throughout the day. I take my weight Morning before I eat usually. But by 6pm it could be 3lbs higher but again by bedtime I usually am about my morning weight again.
Any advise is appreciated!

Replies

• Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    I normally weigh myself in the morning after using the bathroom, nude, before getting in the shower and before eating anything.
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    Also, weigh yourself a week AFTER your period as you would have gained water weight...and yes, first thing in the morning, same time every week, no clothes, go pee first....every little bit counts!
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I always take my weight first thing in the morning after I pee. Haha. Uhm, no seriously, I always do it before I eat breakfast that way I know that there's nothing in my stomach, I haven't eaten in the last 8 hours and it should be quite accurate. My weight fluxs about 2-3 pounds also, especially if you look at it week to week, when I'm closer to my period it's 2-3 pounds higher than the week before. :blushing:
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    My favorite time scale wise is Friday morning after a good early workout. I eat better during the week that I do on the weekend and I sweat like crazy when I workout. My shirt usually gains a pound or 2. That being said . .I weigh in on Monday mornings so that I am not cheating the system.
  • Fuhgeddaboudit
    Options
    I wake up, pee, put on my birthday suit and weigh myself =)

(to be blunt) :laugh:
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    Ok so I am doing it in the morning. I just did not know if that counted since I did not eat anything. Thanks for all the responses so far. I so did not know about the menstration weight. I will be sure to keep note of that. I probably would have thought I did something wrong...lol.
    :happy:
  • CarlGleave
    CarlGleave Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every wednesday in the morning after breakfast, i also have my treat day on a wednesday after weigh-in this way i have all week to work off the treat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Anitafullarton
    Options
    Hmmm, thinking your advise on a week after your period is good - I appear to have gained 2lbs which I'm certain is water retention.
    You've has a great weight lose :-)
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Ok so I am doing it in the morning. I just did not know if that counted since I did not eat anything. Thanks for all the responses so far. I so did not know about the menstration weight. I will be sure to keep note of that. I probably would have thought I did something wrong...lol.
    :happy:
    That's the best time to do it gives you the closest to your "true" weight and that is because, as someone posted earlier, you previously ate at least 8 hrs previously which gave your body time to digest the food, and weighing after using the toilet gets that excess waste out of your body; before showering is to prevent wet hair (water weight), etc. So morning weighin have the least factors going into so it's the truest and most consistent time.
  • LadyNay191
    LadyNay191 Posts: 38
    Options
    Mornings... naky :wink: ... same day every week!