I actually thought I was making it up.

Options
When I said "Myketopal this ain't".

Then I checked to see if such a website does exist, and it does.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    I suggested a while back that MFP should just change its name to that. What with a "anyone doing keto?" thread every five minutes.

I recently worked out that my impression of the number of keto threads was often skewed because one or two posters pop in once a day or so and search for keto posts to bump and invite to the keto group. So it looks like there are heaps when really it's just a condensed version of all the ones posted in the last 24 hours.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    True. Yes I remember one evening about a dozen old keto threads we're bumped up. Well, at least it moved all the spam threads to page two.

Not to derail, but does anybody know if it's considered rude or against user terms to just bump a bunch of real threads to push spam threads to page two? I'm often tempted to do that, but I'd hate to fall afoul of the mystery moderator interpretations of the vague rules and conditions.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    Good question. I wonder if it would be okay if you used supportive threads to the category.. like youre not just bumping random threads from hours ago that are dead, but bumping ones like why eating too few calories is a bad idea that got bumped earlier.

That's a good idea, although more work, as you may to look farther back to find them. Thanks.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    True. Yes I remember one evening about a dozen old keto threads we're bumped up. Well, at least it moved all the spam threads to page two.

Not to derail, but does anybody know if it's considered rude or against user terms to just bump a bunch of real threads to push spam threads to page two? I'm often tempted to do that, but I'd hate to fall afoul of the mystery moderator interpretations of the vague rules and conditions.

I've seen this happening, I don't think it causes any issues
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    If Dianethegeek can bump her awesome threads, anybody else can. There's got to be an Oreos thread the new users haven't seen. We need bring back that one with the Dr Pepper Pulled Pork recipe, also.
  • Alatariel75
    Options

Right now is the perfect example. MyKetoPal indeed...
  • Alatariel75
    edited October 2017
    Options
    If it will help take your mind off it @Alatariel75 -- Today i had someone say to me "Is there a lot of calories in pasta? i thought they were mostly just carbs"

Haahaaa OMG, I know someone who couldn't work out why they weren't losing weight when they'd cut all carbs. She's eating a bag of gummie bears. Didn't realise that sugar was a carb. "Isn't it just, like, rice and pasta and flour?"
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    If it will help take your mind off it @Alatariel75 -- Today i had someone say to me "Is there a lot of calories in pasta? i thought they were mostly just carbs"

Haahaaa OMG, I know someone who couldn't work out why they weren't losing weight when they'd cut all carbs. She's eating a bag of gummie bears. Didn't realise that sugar was a carb. "Isn't it just, like, rice and pasta and flour?"

Hahahaha.. omg that reminds me of my mom...

She was mixing entire packages of lipton onion soup mix into ground beef and eating it.
    She suggested that as a meal option for me to have and i told her it was a bit too much sodium for my tastes and she says "There is no salt in onion soup mix it's made of onions"

Again, not to derail, but my mother-in-law once referred to fried corn fritters as a "vegetable".
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    crb426 wrote: »

She was mixing entire packages of lipton onion soup mix into ground beef and eating it.
    She suggested that as a meal option for me to have and i told her it was a bit too much sodium for my tastes and she says "There is no salt in onion soup mix it's made of onions"

Again, not to derail, but my mother-in-law once referred to fried corn fritters as a "vegetable".

Heh, by that logic, carrot cake and zucchini bread are also a vegetable! And corn dogs!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    crb426 wrote: »

Heh, by that logic, carrot cake and zucchini bread are also a vegetable! And corn dogs!

unless you add pineapple to the carrot cake...then it's a fruit too.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options

Wheres the mean girls "is butter a carb" meme when you need it