Vegetable soup

Options
pandabear123456
pandabear123456 Posts: 9 Member
edited October 2017 in Recipes
Calories: 400 for whole can of soup

Ingredients

Desired amount of hamburger (aprox one patty size)

Vegetable soup (home made or canned)

Tumric (desired amount)

Pinch of salt and pepper

Pinch of basil

Directions

Brown hamburger and cut into little chunks

Add hamburger to soup mixture and heat on medium heat till desired temperature

Serve and enjoy !

vddbch9c9igq.jpeg

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,023 Member
    Options
    How is something that has hamburger in it "vegetable soup"?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    How is as much hamburger as you desire (especially without any mention of fat/lean ratio) and a completely unknown brand/recipe and amount of vegetable soup 400 cals?
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    If there are no weights of any of the ingredients, or make of tinned soup, how can you possibly say it is 400 cals?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    How is that a recipe?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Why are there no vegetables visible in the bowl?
  • sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    How is something that has hamburger in it "vegetable soup"?

Well, hamburger IS made from vegetables ...
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    It never says what to do with the tumeric, basil, or salt and pepper.

Also, if I skip adding the hamburger but use a can of chicken noodle soup, does this recipe still create vegetable soup?
  • invisibleman53
    invisibleman53 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think this recipe is OK, look at Campbell's soups. Does it not have meat in it?
  • pandabear123456
    pandabear123456 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ok to answer everyone’s questions

1) the calories are between 400-450 the beef was bought at a meat market and I asked him to shape them like patties for portion, he told me 250 calories per one. Secondly the can of soup I used was a vegetable soup only consisting of 90 calories for a whole can, it was not a brand name so I could not say what it was.

2) I only wrote this quick as I was cooking it so that i would be able to re write it the future with better details, only put desired amount because people make more based on what their bodies can handle and what serving size they are looking to make, also if they are looking to make a batch to freeze, which on the updated one I’m going to include everything like that

3) vegetables sink in general, not always do heavy vegetables stay at the top of a thicker soup. I never stirred it before taking the photo to show all the vegetables that sank, hate when they sink.

4) my recipes are mostly experiments and I can not always include full details, but in the updated one I’ll include the values of the soup if I can find that brand again

5) this month I was low on money and was only able to buy limited things to get me by so I came up with what I could on the spot

Does that answer everything that everyone said ? When this one is deleted look for a new one posted :) and I messed up on the title and meant to fix it but was out of internet for a long while
  • kjellander1
    kjellander1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I give you kudos for sharing your idea. Not everyone is willing to take that step.....and keep the goodness to themselves. That was quite generous of you to go back and step-by-step assuage those with multiple questions. No apologies needed
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Thanks!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Op
    Very similar to my favorite soup.
    I onion, sliced or diced
    1/2 to 1 lb hamburger
    Whatever vegetables I have that sound good
    Whatever frozen vegetables I have that will complement other veggies.
    Whatever seasoning sounds good
    Simmer all day, have some when you like.
    Of course it varies, but usually 200-300 calories/ bowl

I especially like it with green beans, carrots, and dill. Maybe cabbage if I have it.
    My SIL taught me to make it. She always puts V8 in it.