Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Back to the beginning...

Hello!

Three years ago (during my teenage years) I went through a massive weight loss journey which resulting in an overall loss of just over 6st...! And here I am again. Over the past couple of years I have been in a very steady relationship which has recently just ended, and as you imagine when you're young and in love, you tend to put on a lot of weight (I suppose age isn't a factor in that equation...it happens!). I don't want to get too personal, however one massive issue with my ex was the fact she was a size 24 waist and I was a 30 (to begin with) and I am now a 38...YIKES.

She would constantly tell me that I was getting fat, needed to loose weight, blah blah blah and I did end up start going to the gym, however began getting more and more demotivated as it was only a tiny gym with little to no machines - meaning I didn't stay for very long. Anyway, I never saw and progress throughout my time there, and in the end my weight was a huuuuuge factor in our breakup - we never slept together because she didn't like the look of me and I, would never get changed in the same room because I felt disgusting. Then came the anxiety and depression etc etc.

I recently thought I had gynecomastia because my chest is the biggest it has been, little did I think to question it could be because of my weight. I thought I would message a guy who PT'd me a little through my weight loss previously and stumbled across my old Before and After pictures - oh gosh what a mistake. The massive come-down happened and I realised just how slim I once was.

So back on track I guess! I just wanted to ask for some advice and tips on how to keep myself motivated and looking to a bigger/better future for my health and wellbeing - I'd hate for it to have this affect on me again!

Thanks guys!

Jack