BANANA "PANCAKES"??? (egg & banana)

Options

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    what's so wrong with regular pancakes that they need to be turned into "pancakes"? it's just flour (or a flour sub if your GF) egg and milk as the base.

Was wondering this myself. Certainly isn't a calorie thing (bananas though) so...?

Either way, not in for banana omelettes.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    That's pretty much what I've heard about them.

I haven't personally tried them.
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    1 banana
    3 eggs
    2 tbsp coconut flour OR choc whey protein
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    dash of cinnamon
    splah of vanilla

Put all in a blender until it's creamy smooth... then make just like regular pancakes! So good.

Ok... This makes more sense!!!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Or you could eat regular pancakes.
  • Lifelink
    Lifelink Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Bananas? Pancakes? This sounds f*****g magical!
  • W0rthless_Her0
    Options
    Ummm. Isnt that a banana omlette? Or scrambled eggs and banana? Its NOT pancakes. Unless you use cauliflower. Then you can call it whatever the hell you want. Pizza, ice cream, unicorn MUFFinz etc.
  • ceestahr
    Options
    Sounds interesting! I'll definitely give these a try later :)
  • I had the exact same problem OP!! They were like scrambled banana eggs for me ... not yummy in the slightest :noway:

But... I added 1 scoop of my vanilla Lean Fit protein powder and they were a MUCH better consistency!

I think I added 1/4 cup egg whites, 1 whole banana, 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, a splash of vanilla extract and a dash of cinnamon & mixed them all together. It was SOOO delicious, I got my mom hooked on them & she didn't even realize they weren't "traditional" pancakes :happy:
  • Rachelc1992
    Rachelc1992 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    1 banana
    3 eggs
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    dash of cinnamon
    splah of vanilla

Put all in a blender until it's creamy smooth... then make just like regular pancakes! So good.

Just tried this!! They are yummy and my 4 year old agrees. However they cook very quickly and can burn easily - tip for future makers. Not sure if favourite pancakes but they're healthy pancakes :) x
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    Options
    Going to try this
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I blend two eggs and a banana in the blender then i put mine in this thing i bought called the Xexpress. (its awesome ahahah). I can't flip an omelette or pancake so it works great. I enjoy this all the time! Its great with some organic maple syrup. It took me a few tries to get it right though so keep trying!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    what's so wrong with regular pancakes that they need to be turned into "pancakes"? it's just flour (or a flour sub if your GF) egg and milk as the base.

Was wondering this myself. Certainly isn't a calorie thing (bananas though) so...?

Either way, not in for banana omelettes.

curious about the same thing...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    hell, why not cauliflower pancakes????
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I eat regular pancakes because I frigg'n love pancakes.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    hell, why not cauliflower pancakes????

Because, and I'm speculating here because there is no way in hell that I am trying either one, that would suck even worse than mixing bananas and eggs. Bleh! :sick:
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    1 banana
    3 eggs
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    dash of cinnamon
    splah of vanilla

Bump for this recipe. I hate messing with mixes.
  • rachiefish
    Options
    I was thinking about trying some, but the more I thought about it the more I went off the idea. I love bananas, but I'm not keen on banana-flavoured things (is that weird? It's probably weird :P). I did end up making some non-banana pancakes by using:

35g rolled oats
    1/4 cup low fat soft cheese
    1 egg
    Vanilla extract

Blended until smooth and then put them in the pan like pancakes. They tasted pretty good with some strawberries! :)
    But then, actual pancakes aren't so bad calorie-wise anyway, so I'll probably just stick to them :P
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I see what you're hoping to achieve. Flour has a startling amount of calories so you're hoping for the pancake effect without the calories, or the carbs if you have reasons to cut those.
    Still, I think I'll plan for regular pancakes with bananas and then go for a hike or have a salad for lunch. Sounds much less likely to waste perfectly good fruit and eggs and make a mess of my skillet.
  • crazikook
    Options
    Just made these for the umpteenth time.....so healthy.....no wheat flour

Combine:

3 large bananas mashed well
    6 beaten eggs

Mix together & then add to banana/egg mix:

1 cup oatmeal ground (I put in magic bullet)
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon cardamon
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon baking powder

Heat griddle to 375
    Cook as per regular pancakes

Awesome for gluten free