Maintaining weight and gaining muscle

Mschmitt1119
Mschmitt1119 Posts: 65 Member
edited October 2017 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
So I began losing weight with the goal of reaching around the area of my old wrestling weight and at this pointing right around that goal weight and I want to just lose the fat and get trimmed but maintain my weight. I'm assuming I would just have to maintain close to my goal calories and do a lot of weight training but does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    Yes, you are right. I've maintained for a year and per hydrotank, lost 2 lbs fat, gained 2 lbs muscle. I weight train 2x week. If you are more aggressive, you can probably make a greater change, but it might not be realistic to get back to where you were in HS or college. In my progress pics people think I've lost 5-10 lbs.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    You nailed in really OP - eat at about maintenance and train hard.

To me the biggest impact you can have on your rate of progress (which will be very personal to you...) will be making your training not just hard but training hard on a well thought out program.
  • Mschmitt1119
    Mschmitt1119 Posts: 65 Member
    Thanks all I favorited that post and lorr I'm already close to that weight (goal was 10+ lbs in comparison) I physically can't get all the way to it cause I did put on some muscle since then before I started losing I just wanted to tone up pretty much. Thanks for all your inputs!
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Yes, you are right. I've maintained for a year and per hydrotank, lost 2 lbs fat, gained 2 lbs muscle. I weight train 2x week. If you are more aggressive, you can probably make a greater change, but it might not be realistic to get back to where you were in HS or college. In my progress pics people think I've lost 5-10 lbs.

Absolutely the same. Lately people started commenting again on my weight loss but I haven't lost; I am much leaner though, as a direct result of (body) resistance training.