Foods that make you full?

Options
Okay ladies, i had a great time at the gym! i sweated a ton & it felt great!!! I am trying to change my eating habits as well. Today i had a Bagel with cream cheese, a glass of tea for breakfast, for lunch i had some mac n cheese with tea, for dinner i had fresh salmon & a salad. I drank roughly 3 glasses of water so far today. I need your help if it was not for me working out today i would of been waay over on my calories but luckily i only have 9 left. What is some good foods to eat that will make you feel full, such as in my cabinets now (mac n cheese) is high in calories. I love cucumbers but there just not feeling for me. Please throw suggestions out there i could deffiently use them!!

Replies

• epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    The only suggestion I can give you is to lower the carbs and up the veggies a bit at breakfast and lunch. Add a piece of fruit with the bagel and cream cheese, and a side of grilled veggies would be divine with the mac and cheese. Incorporating them through the day will help with overall satiety from food.
  • arl1286
    arl1286 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Foods high in fiber and fat will keep you feeling full for longer. Most (read: not all) processed carbs are essentially empty calories with little nutritional value. Decrease the packaged stuff and increase the real food-- fruits and veggies. The other great thing about fruits and veggies is you can eat so many of them without your calorie count skyrocketing. One of my favorite meals is about half a cup of dry beans-- throw them in the crockpot with some tomatoes and then add 1/8-1/4 cup of cheddar cheese. It's a huge portion, so it's filling, but including the cheese is only about 300 calories.