First time on MFP, hope to support and be supported!

Options
I am 5'3" and 180 lbs. My weight has increased over the past few months due to my inactivity and diet. I plan to lose about 50 pounds in the coming months. I would love to buddy-up; if anyone has similar stats we can work together well. B)B)

I am trying to eat clean paleo. I haven't tried before so this will be fun. I don't eat dairy often. I just want to cut out processed sugar, bread, and fatty greasy food. I have a gym membership but also plan to be active outside and at home. No one wants to be alone on their weight loss journey... at least not me!

Anyway, hello MFP

Replies

• gwalk2012
    gwalk2012 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    lets get it !!! this is a good place to start, nothing ever worked for me but this seems to be ! simple caloric deficit period.
  • GlowskiMcGlitter
    GlowskiMcGlitter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have used Lose It before and its also pretty good for calorie tracking. MFP has a good reputation too though so I thought I'd give it a solid try. :)
  • Faye369
    Faye369 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi ... welcome to MFP ... You CAN do this .. I did :) I know people say if I did, you can but I MEAN it !!

My journey started about 5 years ago. I have a form of muscular dystrophy that affects my balance and leg strength as well as limits my upper body, making it difficult to raise my arms overhead so my motivation was mobility not (necessarily) weight loss. At that time I was 219 lbs (I am 5'5") and could not balance on one foot long enough to take my sock off. I started walking and doing low impact and resistance training and over following 3 years I improved so much that not only can I reach the wine glass on the top shelf and balance long enough to take my sock off, but to put it and my show back on :) As an added bonus, I also dropped 34 lbs. In May of last year I hit a plateau and my focus changed where I wanted to continue losing. One day I watched Dr Michael Mosley on the Dr Oz show and the next day I started my 5:2 journey. I am down now to 148. This lifestyle is a slow steady process but more importantly is sustainable .. no more watching everything I eat .. I still go to the gym and stay active but can live and over indulge once in a while knowing I can throw a fasting day into my week to balance everything out. .. Sorry for being long winded but I am so happy I found 5:2 I want to tell everyone.
  • Faye369
    Faye369 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    gwalk2012 wrote: »
    lets get it !!! this is a good place to start, nothing ever worked for me but this seems to be ! simple caloric deficit period.

Are you familiar with Intermittent fasting? There are a few variations but the 5:2 has worked for me and doesn't leave your body feeling deprived.
  • Panthers_Nation
    Panthers_Nation Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • GlowskiMcGlitter
    GlowskiMcGlitter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Faye369 wrote: »
    .. I still go to the gym and stay active but can live and over indulge once in a while knowing I can throw a fasting day into my week to balance everything out. .. Sorry for being long winded but I am so happy I found 5:2 I want to tell everyone.

I don't really understand the ratio aspect but I have tried intermittent fasting and found it helps so much with bloating and digestion at least for me. I may incorporate it more in my routine.

• rosstarrant
    rosstarrant Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like, I have different goal but always here to motivate