Three years TODAY!

kommodevaran
kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
edited October 2017 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
Today marks my official three years weight maintenance anniversary. This is by far the longest time ever I've had a stable weight. I'm really enjoying this - feeling comfortable in my own body, as well as comfortable with how I eat and move. This is an ongoing process. I am feeling more confident every day, every month, but I'm also getting more humble: Nothing happens unless I let it happen. Maintenance isn't a number, it isn't even just a weight range, it is a state of mind. A happy state of mind. I am grateful - and one of the things I'm grateful for, is MFP and the great community in here. Thank you :heart:

Replies

• katsheare
    katsheare Posts: 1,025 Member
    Hearty congratulations! Looking forward to that day, and I'm so glad to know that the MFP community around maintenance is as strong as it is. THIS is where I go for inspiration and reassurance.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Well done you.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Bravo Zulu!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    Jeg gratulerer med deg og takk for alt du har gjort for å hjelpe meg!
  • pennygm72
    pennygm72 Posts: 179 Member
    Congratulations, just started maintenance and it's great to see others continuing to succeed
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Maintenance isn't a number, it isn't even just a weight range, it is a state of mind. A happy state of mind.

Congrats on your success! I quoted the part that most resonated with my experience.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Congrats on another successful year!!! :)
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Congrats on your success! May your future be just as happy.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,236 MFP Moderator
    Congrats! I love this post. :)
  • pkweier
    pkweier Posts: 349 Member
    I'm hoping to post the same in three years congrats
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Congratulations on three years!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Great job! You should be super proud. And I'm glad to hear it gets easier over time.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    That's awesome! I want to get excited about maintenance, but honestly I'm a little intimidated by it. It's just such a looooooong time, which I guess is the point. LOL I'm trying to practice the eating habits I know I can sustain for life: eating out, sweets (I'll give them up when I stop breathing and not a day sooner), bread, etc. It's going well, but I'm still nervous about it. I'm taking is slowly now that I'm close to a healthy weight and my strategy is to slide into maintenance without a big transition. That means the last few lbs are going to be painfully slow.

Hearty congratulations to you...You're an inspiration.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Congrats :drinker:
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Congratulations x 3.

<3 , h.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Wishing you many more!
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Here's to many more to come
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Congrats :smiley: I have to say I always enjoy reading your replies in the forums, you know things :smile:
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Maintenance isn't a number, it isn't even just a weight range, it is a state of mind. A happy state of mind.

Congrats on your success! I quoted the part that most resonated with my experience.
    Congrats :smiley: I have to say I always enjoy reading your replies in the forums, you know things :smile:

I agree with these two posters. Congratulations!
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    That's so wonderful, congrats to you!