Determined to succeed

Options
Hi all,

My name is Jason. I work in IT. That is a good part of my problem, it's a very sedenty job although I have taken to walking during my lunch hour and now I catch the bus to work I get a good deal of exercise each day.

My biggest problem is food. I consistently make very bad food choices. I eat even when I'm not hungry. I feel like I am on the verge of changing this. I feel I am ready.

Would love to meet other people to help inspire me and hopefully provide some information. Please add me so we can succeed together.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I eat even when I'm not hungry. This is a very common misconception - that we humans eat just for fuel. Food is not just nutrition, it's pleasure, tradition, social glue and lubrication, it can signal community as well as indepencence. Food is also everywhere, cheap, easy to eat, heavily marketed, always available, and often used as a panacea.

What are your bad food choices made up of? Why do you feel that you are ready to make changes? What do you have to change, and almost certainly more importantly, do you know what you don't have to change?

Integrating activity into your day is a smart move, pun partly intended.