I'm fat let's party- keto style

Options
Heeeey ya'll new person here, looking for peeps who are also trying keto/low carb to maybe swap recipes or horror stories or anything really, just know I can't do this *kitten* without support! Just starting out I figured this app is a good first step. Let's be awesome together, yes?!

Replies

• 87jeppy
    87jeppy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day too. I'm a little intimidated so hope I don't give up on myself too soon.
  • jonezy444
    jonezy444 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Same here! I was nervous at first but after I saw all the really great recipes I was like....shoot maybe I can do this! It's the coffee that's going to kill me without the cream & sugar!
  • 87jeppy
    Options
    I know that's going to be the worst! I think we can still have cream as long as it's heavy cream and not manufactured creamers. Not sure how I'm going to pull that off. Yeah. The recipes don't look that terrible! I think the only hard part will be giving up pizza :(
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Just a question- why does it need to be keto/low carb? Especially if there are parts of it that you're dreading? You just needs to choose foods that keep you full and satisfied throughout the day that add up to your calorie goal. There's no need to limit certain foods.
  • 87jeppy
    Options
    Because the food that keep me full and satisfied exceed my calorie goal haha. Plus Keto has been beneficial to a lot of people. I deserve it to myself to at least give it a try to see if it might be for me.
  • ceiaraann082512
    ceiaraann082512 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm new to keto too. On day three
  • jonezy444
    jonezy444 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yeah I choose low carb because everyone I know trying it is having some success and I'd rather jump in the bandwagon with people I know who are going through it- if that makes sense? But I'm down for friends on here in all walks of life- positive support is positive support!
    And I did my coffee this morning with the heavy cream and stevia drops. Baby steps. Lol
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me as a friend if they wish. I'm not keto, but am low carb without much dairy.
  • Panthers_Nation
    Panthers_Nation Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out although it is not the only LCHF themed group in MFP:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group