Counting calories and foods?

Options
Tariq_1997
Tariq_1997 Posts: 143 Member
edited October 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
So guys i've been on a strict diet for a long time.. and today me and my brothers went to have dinner at 8,, so we chose to eat thai food..
- I had like 70 grams of Pad Thai.
- 120 grams of ox grilled toungue.
- 30 grams of chicken with coconut.
- 3 (low carb) pure blonde beer with a Heinken beer.
The problem is i don't know how to count em cz i dunno what they put in that food and i tried to find it on this app and couldn't find any results.
What should i do? And what do you guys think of that food for diet is it considered as over limit or somehow healthy?
Thanks

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    You have two options -- you can either find the database entries that you think are the best estimate of what you had or you can quick add some calories. Either way, since this isn't a regular thing, I wouldn't worry too much about any one day.
  • Tariq_1997
    Options
    I'd be asking where the rest of my meal was...

Lol that's right i didn't explain more lol because i had some grilled chicken and veggies 3 hours before dinner i wasn't that hungry so i didn't eat much and drank instead
  • Tariq_1997
    Options
    you took food scales to a restaurant?

Lmfaoo no haha, i was guessing lol but i'm pretty sure the weight was right
  • lady_bug_jd
    lady_bug_jd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm curious why you're only eating 800 calories per day? It really doesn't seem sustainable long term and it's unnecessary to go so low for weight loss.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Tariq_1997 wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »
    You’ve been eating 800 calories a day, correct? I wouldn’t worry about whether or not that was “too much” and eat more.

Yep that's true, i've been eating 800 calories for over a month. But yesterday and today i had more lol i'm eating foods with more calories and i'm worries cz i don't wonna get back what i lost

Awesome - now keep up the eating like yesterday and today. Get those calories up to a healthy level before you do permanent damage to your health!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    if i only ate 800 calories a day consistently (the one off day here and there doesnt bother me) i would be a ravenous *kitten* and start killing people.

1200 is bad enough LOLOLOLOL
  • Tariq_1997
    Options
    A man eating 800 calories? I'd be less worried about weight gain and more worried about losing weight too fast and all the health complications that come with that.

What do you mean health complications? I know nothing about that tbh.
    And about losing weight well i lost alot in one month and that drove my mum crazy she was going to kill me lol
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    A man eating 800 calories? I'd be less worried about weight gain and more worried about losing weight too fast and all the health complications that come with that.

And about losing weight well i lost alot in one month and that drove my mum crazy she was going to kill me lol

why?
  • Tariq_1997
    Options
    You’ve been eating 800 calories a day, correct? I wouldn’t worry about whether or not that was “too much” and eat more.

Yep that's true, i've been eating 800 calories for over a month. But yesterday and today i had more lol i'm eating foods with more calories and i'm worries cz i don't wonna get back what i lost

Awesome - now keep up the eating like yesterday and today. Get those calories up to a healthy level before you do permanent damage to your health!

What kind of damage can you please explain more?
  • Tariq_1997
    Options

why?

I don't fet it sorry :-/
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

why?

jeez....

why was your mum going crazy that you lost a lot of weight?

how old are you OP?
  • Tariq_1997
    Options

What kind of damage can you please explain more?

your body can only metabolise a certain amount of fat per day, so if your calorie deficit is too high it starts burning muscle. your heart is a muscle.

I'll be honest with you, i lost 10 KG of fat last month, and the month before i lost 4 KG of muscles and 2 of fat.
    I started feeling pain in the heart area when i walk or do any physical work but i didn't bother asking
  • Tariq_1997
    Options

why?

jeez....

why was your mum going crazy that you lost a lot of weight?

how old are you OP?

Ah okay lol because she keeps telling me that what i'm doing is wrong and i know that, but i just wonna do it.
    She tells me that ur gonna fall because of that