Superior patty? Currently Morningstar fan

Options
Making wraps for lunch w/hummus & spinach and buffalo chicken patty cut up. Two of these for lunch today was 860 calories

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    My fave is Morningstar Grillers and their black bean burger. The Griller has a bit more protein so I usually go with that.

If you have a Trader Joes near you, they have some great alternative patties. Their pizza flavored veggie burgers is really good.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    My fave is Morningstar Grillers and their black bean burger. The Griller has a bit more protein so I usually go with that.

If you have a Trader Joes near you, they have some great alternative patties. Their pizza flavored veggie burgers is really good.

The TJ veg burgers are amazing! I love the masala and Thai chili. I live an hour from the nearest TJ’s, but go there once a month to stock up on my faves.
  • Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I like the buffalo chicken ones too. I also make my own black bean quinoa patties and freeze them folded in parchment paper bc it’s a lot cheaper. They probably wouldn’t be very good directly out of the freezer, bc I freeze them before frying, tho.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I haven't had the Buffalo Chicken patties, but I really like the black bean burger (topped with a slice of cheese and an over easy egg). And the Grillers Prime is a great veggie sub for a "classic" burger.
  • classicamber
    classicamber Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Gardien brand makes a good patty for vegan "Big Macs" and good crumbles for taco night.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Beyond Burger is the best plant based patty I've had, but I don't like any burger enough to buy it very often, since it's too expensive (I only had it once).
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I like the burgers from Hilary's Eat Well since they're made with just grains and veggies instead of soy protein. The black bean & adzuki and the hemp& greens ones are probably my two favorites. They're best when cooked in the toaster oven.