Options
2»

Replies

• Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hi OP;

I would strongly suggest that you read all the different Comparison reviews on the apple vs. the entire fitbit series. You will find that apple is cool and does some fancy things, but it has some issues with accuracy and doesn’t compete with the detail analysis and data aggregation that fitbit provides. Especially if you have grown accustomed to that level of detail.

Have you looked at the fitbit Blaze?

i83d3v7wcllx.png
    4rqjlkyg6a0k.png

It is less than half the price of the apple and many people think it is actually an apple watch. I can get email, texts, control music, change the faces, etc. The BEST part is that there are 100’s of bands you can buy at about $10.99 each to keep the look new and fresh. This is a huge upgrade from the previous fitbit models. No need to ever sync with your computer. Everything runs through the app.

Now I will be honest, I still sometimes think about going apple just because of the synergy between the apple and my phone. I just can’t get over the price. It seems like I will be getting less features for twice the price. My sister just made the jump and she LOVES the new apple. For now, I am sticking with the fitbit.

I am clearly biased because I love the Blaze and have had it for about 3 years now. But do what is best for you. Any device that allows for tracking and biometric data is a good choice regardless of the brand.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    HELP! I recently switched from a FitBit blaze to the Apple Watch. I use MFP to track what I eat and get the activity data from the Watch. However, the amount of calories adjustment I am getting from the AW is much less than the amount I was getting from the FitBit. My activity level, etc. has not really changed, all the personal data is the same and I would have expected the calorie allowance to somewhat close between the 2 devices. However, the AW is giving me a lot less of a calorie adjustment. Has anyone else faced this issue when changing between the devices?

I ran two side by side for a while and the Fitbit always had me 1-200 cals wealthier than just MFP and AW. That said, I am maintaining by using the AW numbers, so it's correct for me.
  • TheHobbit2017
    TheHobbit2017 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Myself and family have had 6 fitbits between us and 5 have been replaced on warrenty, some more than once. I’m considering moving away from them. Only bonus is they do replace fault fitbits no problem no hassle it’s just annoying losing some activity records etc