Full of cold and want to eat all the foods

Options
Anyone else get like this ? First I lost a week of workouts because I felt sick now I'm full of cold and got chesty cough and my appetite is back with a vengeance!

I am so hungry and just want to eat everything. Not getting any exercise calories so will probably put weight on.

Stepped on scales this morning and I 've put on 8lb after week of eating more? Surely not.
Going away next week as well so won't be weighing anything but hopefully I'll be getting lots of steps in at least.

Anyone else eases up on logging when not well or you stick with it ?

Replies

• potatowhoruns
    potatowhoruns Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am also full of cold this week and I decided to continue to log, but not be too worried about going over. I am not feeling capable of exercise and accepted that I was unlikely to lose this week.
    I was surprised to find that my weekly calorie intake is still just below my goal so I have actually been doing better than I thought.

I can’t imagine you could have put on 8 pounds, it’s more likely to be fluctuations from sodium etc.
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    There's no harm in upping to maintenance calorie levels while sick. You need to keep your nutrition levels strong. But be careful not to go over that- no reason to undo hard work just because you're sick. Chicken soup is pretty low cal.
  • MinuitMinuet
    MinuitMinuet Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Your body is needing extra fuel for energy to fight off the virus. Starve a fever, feed a cold.. CRB is correct recommending chicken soup. The salt in it can help keep electrolytes up as well.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Eat at maintenance calories, plenty of fluids and hopefully you will feel better soon.
  • passenger79
    passenger79 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I stocked up on soups and tea hopefully that ll help to stick with maintaince calories and not go over by much.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Lots of clear broths with a huge quantity of low calorie veggies (I like the packaged chopped corn, carrots, peas and snaps) with chopped onions and a smidgen of potatoes or rice, heavy on the garlic and red pepper, small amount of meat (I like to add flash frozen chicken breasts). It keeps me full and warm.