Always cold

Options
2»

Replies

• Lisa8823168
    Lisa8823168 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I became cold, even in the hot Alabama summer, after loosing weight. (Michigan transplant- Go Green!) Thought for sure it was just my body adjusting to weight/exercise. I couldn't seem to make my goal weight and experienced fatigue (unusual for me) but assumed it was age and menopause taking a toll. I finally got blood work and diagnosed with hypothyroid. I have a significant family Hx of the Dx but ignored the common signs...just pushing through. Meds don't fix everything and the balance of what controls the disease seems a moving target...for me, has complicated my metabolic burn. I advocate get the blood work...better to know what may or may not be going on.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Long johns are my best friend now that I've lost my weight. I don't mind wearing an extra layer as a substitute for all the fat I lost.
  • pkweier
    pkweier Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    pkweier wrote: »
    Thanks everyone I see I'm not alone. When it's 75 I'm fine. I used to be able to stand being outside in the 40s with just a jacket not so much now

I realize this made no sense now when it's in the forties I have to wear a heavier jacket gloves and hat where before it was either a sweater or a lightweight jacket
  • pkweier
    Options
    GiddyupTim wrote: »
    Most commonly, being cold chronically is a sign of iron-deficiency and/or anemia. And, as you know, women are prone to being iron deficient.
    Do you know your iron status? Do you eat much red meat? Or spinach?
    You might want to check that. Many very skinny people do not complain of being constantly and/or unreasonably cold.
    It's kind of an easy fix if that is what it is.

Yes I eat red meat every now and then and I love spinach
  • pkweier
    Options
    I became cold, even in the hot Alabama summer, after loosing weight. (Michigan transplant- Go Green!) Thought for sure it was just my body adjusting to weight/exercise. I couldn't seem to make my goal weight and experienced fatigue (unusual for me) but assumed it was age and menopause taking a toll. I finally got blood work and diagnosed with hypothyroid. I have a significant family Hx of the Dx but ignored the common signs...just pushing through. Meds don't fix everything and the balance of what controls the disease seems a moving target...for me, has complicated my metabolic burn. I advocate get the blood work...better to know what may or may not be going on.

I have my annual checkup in December I think I'll say something to the doctor then
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!