High Cal workouts

Options
Anyone know of any fun workout vids (preferably on youtube or free) that are high cal burning or are fun? I also can't do anything that involves getting onto the floor e.g push ups so something along the lines of a HIIT workout maybe?
What is your favourite? What do you do? In want of a change lol

Replies

• iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Lots of Zumba workouts on Youtube, also google The Fitness Marshall.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Typically HIIT workouts don't burn a lot of calories as they are of a very short but very intense nature, having said that seeing as HIIT is trendy right now there are a lot of interval workouts that are incorrectly identified as HIIT but are of a longer duration and burn more calories.

Some of my favourite interval work is on my bike (in the winter it's indoors on a trainer) and there are tons of videos on Youtube (I'm partial to ones produced by CTX - they have workouts that range in time from 30 to 90 minutes) & could be done on a stationary bike too.

I also like to alternate between steady state & interval workouts on my rower.

Best bet though is to find something that you really enjoy doing and will stick with rather than focusing just on calorie burns.

• DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Anyone know of any fun workout vids (preferably on youtube or free) that are high cal burning or are fun? I also can't do anything that involves getting onto the floor e.g push ups so something along the lines of a HIIT workout maybe?
    What is your favourite? What do you do? In want of a change lol

First, define what you want by 'high' burns...in general, most moderate to intense cardio programs will burn about 400-600 calories per hour depending on your weight. Rowing, cycling, and running tend to burn slightly more but they also tend to be more difficult for most people to do.

Make fun your first priority. The more you enjoy it, the more you'll do it, and the more you'll burn.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    The exercise that burns the most calories is the one you do. The ones you don't do burn zero. So the advice above to make fun your priority is spot on. To give you an example, I'll spend 3 hours on my bike most weekend days and burn about 1,500 - 1,800 kCals doing it. Because I love riding a bike. Show me an exercise video on YouTube and I'll turn the computer off.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Rather than focusing on them burnz, focus on finding something you enjoy doing...when you are doing something you enjoy doing then you typically stick with it long term which is going to burn more calories than doing something you don't enjoy short term.