Calorie Counting

Options
I just wanted to post to offer some support to those who are struggling. You can lose weight and still eat your favorite foods. I started calorie counting about a month ago and I am down five pounds. Sunday night I ate two slices of my favorite pizza for dinner and then had a 100 calorie snickers bar for dessert. I personally prefer calorie counting as opposed to a low carb diet where you can't have bread, pasta, rice, etc. Not that I'm knocking or judging those who are low carb - you do you - but I don't think I personally could sustain that way of eating.

Replies

• Christine_2017
    Christine_2017 Posts: 60 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Agreed! I think that is exactly why I've been able to successfully change my outlook on losing weight. I previously would diet, lose (dramatically) and then revert back to eating high fat (oily) foods and the cycle would continue.

Since really giving MFP my all, I've taught myself how to behave. If I want something then I make it fit my calories, be that a handful of strawberries or a Big Mac meal - it's all in the planning.

One thing I'm chuffed with is that I no longer feel 'guilty' or like I need to punish myself after a treat. I log it and realise that life is for living and as long as you are aware you can happily control your weight in a sensible and lasting way!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    yup. 100 pounds down and i eat the same foods i always have.

just a lot less.

and less salad dressing and a lower calorie one. that was the only 'big' change (aside from amount of food eaten!) LOLOL
  • tscblue
    tscblue Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to post to offer some support to those who are struggling. You can lose weight and still eat your favorite foods. I started calorie counting about a month ago and I am down five pounds. Sunday night I ate two slices of my favorite pizza for dinner and then had a 100 calorie snickers bar for dessert. I personally prefer calorie counting as opposed to a low carb diet where you can't have bread, pasta, rice, etc. Not that I'm knocking or judging those who are low carb - you do you - but I don't think I personally could sustain that way of eating.

Calorie counting has never worked for me i started counting carbs and lost 95lbs and eat what i want
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    tscblue wrote: »

Calorie counting has never worked for me i started counting carbs and lost 95lbs and eat what i want

Congrats on your loss! Chances are when you started counting carbs you were putting yourself in a calorie deficit which caused you to lose weight.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options

I completely agree with your statement, 100%!!