TOPS...any Take off pounds sensibly members.

Options
Hi are there any TOPS or take off pounds sensibly members out there looking for fp friends. Have decided to try fp again. I'm a 5 year Kops who needs some inspiration and would like to support others too. I am 55 plus so even older fp people would be great too. Let's support each other.

Replies

• lrob87
    lrob87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm a TOPS member! Feel free to add me.
  • Knt2tg
    Knt2tg Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm a TOPs member but I haven't been to a meeting in a while do to work conflicts.
  • moxielicious
    moxielicious Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just joined - and am super motivated! It is working!
  • tmetoyer123
    tmetoyer123 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Me!
  • CynthiaByrne
    CynthiaByrne Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Helloooo......is there anybody out there? I joined TOPS in 2010 and became a KOPS in 2011. I lost my KOPS status in the fall of 2015, and have been fighting to be reinstated ever since. I've gained 15 pounds back and I feel sick and tired all the time.

I am 59 years old. Married with 4 adult children and became a grandmother for the first time this past May. We have a sailboat that we enjoy every weekend, I have a Shih tzu named Gibson whom I love to walk and I occasionally do Yoga/Pilates.

I know I can do this. I did it before. I lack motivation and will power. I know what I need to do, I'm just to lazy to do it. I work full time and feel like I'm dragging my *kitten* around.

Any helpful tips or words of encouragement would be appreciated.

We CAN do this!

Cindy
  • mcbeth
    mcbeth Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Me I'm here!!! My hubs and I joined TOPS back in 2009. We both lost weight, hubs had an accident to his foot in 2011 and ended up losing his left leg. We both gained our weight back and I found some extra along the way. I still go to meetings every week but I feel like I have stalled and I need a breath of fresh air. I am an intelligent person and together we can do this!!
  • CynthiaByrne
    Options
    Oh my gosh....I'm so sorry for your hubby's loss (and your gain). Life really likes to make it interesting and challenging for us "chubby girls" I know my biggest problem is evening nibbling. I just can't control myself. Chips or cookies....or both! My other meals are fine. I watch what I eat. I practice Portion Control and moderation, but once I sit down and relax, my hand goes into the bag and won't come out until the bag is empty.

I do a 10 day challenge here on myfitnesspal, but my weight has gone up instead of down. I'm now 20 pounds away from my TOPS goal weight, and I am feeling sick about that. I feel fat and sluggish and I ache all over. I need to balance my evening so I can relax without a bag of goodies in front of me.
  • CynthiaByrne
    Options
    I have been doing really well with the No Snacking after dinner. It's tough, but I'm watching the scale go down, and it's making me happy.
  • juliejeanette1123
    juliejeanette1123 Posts: 13 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Is TOPS anything like what I remember from my childhood?

My mom and I used to go to TOPS together when I was just a kid. (I was a very chubby kid, even from the time I was 6 or 7 years old.) They used to say what I think now in retrospect was a very shaming 'pledge.'

"Even though I overeat in private, my excess poundage is there for all the world to see! What a fool I've been!"

Terribly negative and shaming. I hope they've done away with it and replaced it with something more positive and uplifting!
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Recent KOPS here. TOPS member for about 2 years or so.
  • CynthiaByrne
    Options
    From what I've heard over the years, they have stopped the shaming. My Chapter is very encouraging and supportive. Headquarters did a bit of a change of the Pledge a couple years ago.......
    I am an intelligent person.
    I will control my emotions,
    not let my emotions control me.
    Every time I am tempted to use food to satisfy my frustrated desires,
    build up my injured ego or dull my senses,
    I will remember—
    I Will Take Off Pounds Sensibly.

• CynthiaByrne
    Options
    Recent KOPS here. TOPS member for about 2 years or so.

Congrats Sara.......I'm trying to get reinstated. Lost my KOPS a few years ago. One pound at a time!
  • CynthiaByrne
    Options
    I'm having a rough go in the evenings, with snacking. I'm snacking in moderation, and using portion control, but it's a bit of this and a bit of that....and before I know it, I've over snacked.....
  • lacwest6605
    lacwest6605 Posts: 6,922 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I joined TOPS a few months ago. I started out well, but I’m stalled now. I retired a few weeks ago. I think I’m eating more during the day and I snack on the wrong foods at night.
  • CynthiaByrne
    Options
    I hear ya there....I am an evening snacker. I still work so I'm good during the day. It's the evenings and weekends that do me in. I want good snacks, but the bad ones are more convenient (and handy)
  • weightwatcherjoan
    weightwatcherjoan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just joined online today and am waiting for my “stuff” to come in the mail. I am disappointed that the new app isn’t available for iPhone. :-(

There are no local meetings that fit with my crazy schedule. Are there any online members here?
  • CynthiaByrne
    Options
    Not me....I'm a Chapter member. I need the physical meetings and support.
  • CynthiaByrne
    Options
    I am really struggling right now. Summer is a really bad time for me. We have a boat, so we spend every weekend down at the Marina....eating & drinking. I really try to do both in moderation, and I really try to watch my portion sizes.....but......We also try and spend as many evenings as we can down there too, having a cuppa tea & a cookie (or 4). This is where I need to be assertive (with myself) and just say NO! We also stop and grab dinner on our way down....Holy Crap, seeing this in writing sure is a wake up call. I need to make some definite changes to my way of life!
  • CynthiaByrne
    Options
    Things started getting out of hand, so I took a step back and I started doing a Leslie Sansone walking video. I did 1 mile today!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    What is TOPS? Is it a group in mfp? Interested to know more please.

I do well with all my meals but it's the snacks that's getting me in trouble any help out there please!

Good luck to you all