Options

Replies

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Just_J_Now wrote: »
    Then there's the dude who I thought was cool but he humble brags WAY TOO MUCH.

What is a humble brag?

When you pretend to be modest about something you really want to brag about.

This one's me

Wrong again.

I still don't understand... do you have an example?

Example "I literally just got out of bed when I snapped that selfie and these dudes really want to creep on me? really dude, gheeze"

No part of that is humble though?

Humble brags happen a lot on MFP, usually it's a man or woman that posts a selfie and complains about their body while others are looking at them saying you look fantastic then they continue about how they look horrible.

Wouldn't that just be a difference of opinions?

Usually, no, they are looking for an ego stroke but trying to pretend they aren't.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

What is a humble brag?

This one's me

Wrong again.

Example "I literally just got out of bed when I snapped that selfie and these dudes really want to creep on me? really dude, gheeze"

Humble brags happen a lot on MFP, usually it's a man or woman that posts a selfie and complains about their body while others are looking at them saying you look fantastic then they continue about how they look horrible.

Usually, no, they are looking for an ego stroke but trying to pretend they aren't.

But how do you confirm this?

Just the way they present themselves. It's pretty obvious when a person is really looking for advice vice fishing for complements. Let's just say, you will know the difference when you see it.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options

What is a humble brag?

This one's me

Wrong again.

Just the way they present themselves. It's pretty obvious when a person is really looking for advice vice fishing for complements. Let's just say, you will know the difference when you see it.

You do know he's messin' with you right?
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

What is a humble brag?

This one's me

Wrong again.

I do. ;) I just wanted to see how long we could both act obtuse. :lol:
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

What is a humble brag?

This one's me

Wrong again.

In any event, I do hope we see a Chit Chat thread entitled Vice Fishing in the very near future.

I'm sure that would have a different flavor...fish?
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

What is a humble brag?

This one's me

Wrong again.

Nuh uh, there's nothing wrong with nice conversation

Exactly, since it's a nice spring day...or at least I wish it was. :grimace:
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I don’t care for that guy. At all.

Man I must suck!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

What is a humble brag?

This one's me

Wrong again.

It comes down to judgement of intent but I feel it’s hard to truly judge someone’s intent behind a post. Sometimes someone who you consider extremely confident in fact has a low self esteem. The deeper issue is actually depressing if you stop and think about it. Why would someone need consistent approval from strangers anyways?!

Just a thought.

I'll check my diary, I'm sure I covered this with my therapist and...oh wait, TMI must talk to him next time about my over sharing! :blush::wink:
  • Wheelhouse15
    edited March 2018
    Options

What is a humble brag?

This one's me

Wrong again.

It comes down to judgement of intent but I feel it’s hard to truly judge someone’s intent behind a post. Sometimes someone who you consider extremely confident in fact has a low self esteem. The deeper issue is actually depressing if you stop and think about it. Why would someone need consistent approval from strangers anyways?!

Just a thought.

You're deep

It’s a gift like a double edged sword. My depth and empathetic nature has put me in such compromising situations. I *kitten* hate it.

You are a good person and we are lucky to have people like you around.:smile:
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    How can I make a quick million?
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Well that turned eye rolling real quickly. Guess I shouldn't be surprised.
This discussion has been closed.